Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

In the grand scheme of it, Israel are poor, and Scotland aren’t that much better.

I’ll say it again, play the negative tactics Clarke has been doing and you let their only two decent players get chances.

Not suggesting at all Israel are good, more if we continue to play shitebag tactics we’re going to let them two get chances ie playing McTominay at CB to throw the jerseys away.

For the record, I have no desire for us to play 3 defenders and 2 wingbacks. It’s a tactic I have never liked personally and for shite teams like ours it just doesn’t work, but Clarke seems to be focussed on creating something out of it.

10 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Israel aren’t a poor side.

I'll admit, this view has annoyed me.  Here is a list of the countries Israel have beaten away from home since 2004.

(Nation - World Ranking)

Latvia (x2) - 137

Liechtenstein - 180

North Macedonia (x2) - 

Albania - 66

Honduras - 62

Cyprus (x2) - 98

Andorra (x2) - 

Malta - 186

Luxembourg (x2) - 97

Northern Ireland - 38 (2013)

Honduras - 62

Romania - 34

Moldova - 175

Estonia - 108

Faroe Islands - 107

If we're added to that list, we don't deserve to qualify.  Period.

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

Probably go with this now. For what its worth I don't think O'Donnell has done anything great or disastrous for Scotland. He'll just keep things ticking along.

I'm hoping McGinn can burst forward as much as possible. The defence should be okay as long as McTominay isn't there. We should have too much for them but we need to play people in positions they're comfortable with. 

scotland-israel-88cdd68883fc00cdef688b1a91139ee9.jpg

Yeah pretty convinced that will be the team. 

Boyd on Sky talking about players coming in tonight and becoming "legends"

He surely knows that despite the result tonight we've not actually achieved anything, right....?

Don't know about anyone else but even if we do win tonight I cant see us having much hope of beating the likes of Norway?

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Clarke was always quite difficult to predict when he was at Killie, so I am finding it quite challenging to guess what the team will be tonight. The only players I'm absolutely certain will start are Marshall, Robertson and McGinn.

I won't cope if this goes to a penalty shoot-out. Wonder who five would be. My guess is: Dykes, McGinn, McGregor, McBurnie, Fleck. I doubt McBurnie and Dykes would be on the pitch at the same time, though, and I don't know if Fleck and McGinn have ever hit one.

I have a horrible image in my head of Robertson deciding that he should take one as captain and completely fucking it.

Boyd on Sky talking about players coming in tonight and becoming "legends"
He surely knows that despite the result tonight we've not actually achieved anything, right....?
Don't know about anyone else but even if we do win tonight I cant see us having much hope of beating the likes of Norway?

Do yourself a favour and don’t watch Sky, unless the football is currently live, and you also have it muted, and timed properly for it to be switched at half-time then back at the start of the second half.

5 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Think he's come out and said that Dykes has 'earned his place' or something like that has he not? Struck me as not the kind of thing you'd say if the guy wasn't a stick on to start. 

Yeah that’s what I took from it as well. He was one of the few positive from the last two games, and Israel couldn’t put a hand on him all night.

Pity no one could give him the ball in the penalty area, but he did his job well.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Clarke was always quite difficult to predict when he was at Killie, so I am finding it quite challenging to guess what the team will be tonight. The only players I'm absolutely certain will start are Marshall, Robertson and McGinn.

Aye but you don't have a scoobie so obviously it would be difficult for you to predict.  I could name at least nine off the top of my head right now that will start.

I'll admit, this view has annoyed me.  Here is a list of the countries Israel have beaten away from home since 2004.
(Nation - World Ranking)
Latvia (x2) - 137
Liechtenstein - 180
North Macedonia (x2) - 
Albania - 66
Honduras - 62
Cyprus (x2) - 98
Andorra (x2) - 
Malta - 186
Luxembourg (x2) - 97
Honduras - 62
Romania - 34
Moldova - 175
Estonia - 108
Faroe Islands - 107

Do you have the stats for the sides that Scotland have beaten at home in the same time period?

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

(Nation - World Ranking)

Latvia (x2) - 137

Liechtenstein - 180

North Macedonia (x2) - 

Albania - 66

Honduras - 62

Cyprus (x2) - 98

Andorra (x2) - 

Malta - 186

Luxembourg (x2) - 97

Honduras - 62

Romania - 34

Moldova - 175

Estonia - 108

Faroe Islands - 107

Did you know 'period' is American for 'full stop'?  So when we say that we should really say full stop.