Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

I don't know if it's been mentioned but i genuinely think this could work in our favour.

Ckarke will legitimately be able to galvanize the squad with a siege mentality. We're properly up against it here and he'll be able to play that card big time.

This was already going to be a tough match and now at least 3 starters are out. Backs to the wall i think we'll dig deep and find a way to get through.

(or maybe I'm just being delusional and clutching at straws)

Guest bernardblack

If he plays three at the back then he’s due his jotters imo.

Use that formation if you must shoehorn KT in.

He’s out, so play four at the back.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

O'Donnell has been a better right-back at Scottish Premiership level than Jack ever was. Jack is miles ahead of him in general, but that doesn't make him better in every position he can play.

I am not sure I agree, I dont rate O'Donnell at all. 

2 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Seconded. I want to like him as he seems so positive about Scotland and in his first game, I think it was, he was actually really good. Ever since thoigh he has looked miles out of his depth. 

2 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

You don't have to rate O'Donnell at international level to know that he was clearly a better full-back than Jack at Scottish Premiership level. Jack was passable in that position in a very poor Aberdeen team before eventually being shifted to play in his proper position and turning into one of the best midfielders in the country.

Stephen O'Donnell might be the only guy who turns up to the next squad after this farce. 

Sticking Tierney and Christie in isolation instead of just testing them 3 times a day is utter madness. Not a single game has been called off in England yet we are having issues here every week with a far smaller pool of players.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You don't have to rate O'Donnell at international level to know that he was clearly a better full-back than Jack at Scottish Premiership level. Jack was passable in that position in a very poor Aberdeen team before eventually being shifted to play in his proper position and turning into one of the best midfielders in the country.

In your opinion, I think we would be better with Jack at RB and you don't. Irrelevant in the scheme of things as I don't think Clarke will take any risks at this stage. 

Its not that I dont rate O'Donnell at this level, I just dont rate him full stop.

This thread is even more of a pollution than I expected. Repeated calls for dug meat like Nisbet, the usual pish about underestimating the opposition and even someone saying losing three of our better players is a positive which will help us 😂

Israel are a poor side and there is more than enough left in our squad to beat them by a couple of goals. He will stick with the back five which imo is a mistake but even still, we will rightly he favourites given the quality in our squad.

One boy at Hoffenheim being held up as a shining example of how great Israel are while we have players at Liverpool, Man Utd and the captain of Leeds, amongst others.

Edited by Marshmallo

22 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

In your opinion, I think we would be better with Jack at RB and you don't. Irrelevant in the scheme of things as I don't think Clarke will take any risks at this stage. 

Its not that I dont rate O'Donnell at this level, I just dont rate him full stop.

I’m with you on this. An out of position Ryan Jack is a better player than a not out of position O’Donnell.   O’Donnell’s performances for Scotland were almost as painful as Callum Patterson’s.  Not their fault - not many alternatives at the time, but if either of those two start against Israel we’re in serious trouble.

Anyone putting McTominay in defence needs therapy or to become assistant to Clarke. 

He almost sold the jerseys in the last game v Israel on a number of occasions and it was an experiment that did NOT work. Not much better v Czechs either. He either starts in midfield or not at all. 

It has to be Porteous or Gallacher as part of a back 4 with Cooper and Robertson. Right back may be O’Donnell but he either blows hot or cold in games and we need someone more reliable for a game of this magnitude. Who that may be - goodness knows. 

Surely not 3 at the back as he's always been a 4 at the back manager has he not? Hopefully it is 4 at the back as he no longer has the headache over Tierney not to mention with both McKenna and Palmer out, can he really afford to start 3 at the back with 2 WB's? Surely 4 at the back with decent cover on the bench? 

Marshall

O'Donnell - Cooper - Gallagher/Porteous - Robertson 

McTominay - McGregor

Fleck        -       McGinn        -         Fraser  

Dykes 

He's pure gonna stick McTominay and Gallagher into a back 3 with Cooper, this I know :( 

Guest bernardblack
This thread is even more of a pollution than I expected. Repeated calls for dug meat like Nisbet, the usual pish about underestimating the opposition and even someone saying losing three of our better players is a positive which will help us [emoji23]
Israel are a poor side and there is more than enough left in our squad to beat them by a couple of goals. He will stick with the back five which imo is a mistake but even still, we will rightly he favourites given the quality in our squad.
One boy at Hoffenheim being held up as a shining example of how great Israel are while we have players at Liverpool, Man Utd and the captain of Leeds, amongst others.

Israel aren’t a poor side.

Probably go with this now. For what its worth I don't think O'Donnell has done anything great or disastrous for Scotland. He'll just keep things ticking along.

I'm hoping McGinn can burst forward as much as possible. The defence should be okay as long as McTominay isn't there. We should have too much for them but we need to play people in positions they're comfortable with. 

scotland-israel-88cdd68883fc00cdef688b1a91139ee9.jpg

5 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Israel aren’t a poor side.

Israel are not a good side.  Let's not kid about.  Israel are not a good side.

Whilst I entirely agree that they will give us a game.  If we cannot compete with Israel - who have NEVER qualified for anything - then we don't deserve to be anywhere near a tournament finals.

image.png.a37098bcaf8957baa54c6edf0e80deec.png

image.png.db3a80028f3c3e9c04c3912d9d97c801.png

image.png.92bb1f8d81ebea398fb87831b1b349e9.png