Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

Can they even refuse to release them? Hopefully if players start pulling out for no reason we start invoking that rule about not being able to play 5 days before and after the international break or whatever it is.
Yes, they're allowed to refuse if the players have to quarantine on return. RB Salzburg refused all international callups for their players. Werder Bremen are refusing to release their keeper to the Czechs due to quarantine issues on return from Cyprus/Israel. Another keeper is injured so they'll likely be playing their third choice (former no1) against us in all likelyhood.

The whole thing feels like its stuck together with sellotape and just waiting to fall apart.

Edit: Inter CB Skriniar has tested positive and Lobotka is stuck in Naples after their covid shambles at the weekend. Two vital players for Slovakia.

7 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Yes, they're allowed to refuse if the players have to quarantine on return. RB Salzburg refused all international callups for their players. Werder Bremen are refusing to release their keeper to the Czechs due to quarantine issues on return from Cyprus/Israel. Another keeper is injured so they'll likely be playing their third choice (former no1) against us in all likelyhood.

The whole thing feels like its stuck together with sellotape and just waiting to fall apart.

Edit: Inter CB Skriniar has tested positive and Lobotka is stuck in Naples after their covid shambles at the weekend. Two vital players for Slovakia.

Surely that's clubs being entitled to refuse on the grounds of the country they'd be playing in internationally being on a quarantine list of the country they play in domestically, with their government not providing an exemption for professional sport, rather than being required to quarantine on the grounds of being exposed to someone who has tested positive on the trip? As the latter could happen to anyone, every club in Europe could refuse to release players if that was the case.

13 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

How can you say they didn’t?

Solomon barely broke sweat

Home TeamScotlandAway TeamIsrael
Possession
Home49%
Away51%
Shots
Home10
Away5
Shots on Target
Home2
Away3
Corners
Home5
Away4
Fouls
Home13
Away12
they didn't

I'm obviously biased as a Hibs fan, but for me on current form porteous should be starting over Gallagher.

He looks like he's really matured this season, stopped being as needlessly aggressive the whole time, looks more comfortable with the ball at his feet and receiving less cards. His performances were the key factor in our excellent defensive run where we didn't concede in open play til we played the old firm. 

Gallagher on the other hand has looked ropey every time I've seen him this year. That five minutes in the Europa League was utterly shambolic. Night and day when you compare it to his performances last season.

5 hours ago, G51 said:

If we can call up U21 players, then Jack at right back doesn't make any sense.

If James Tavernier is out injured for Rangers, then it's Nathan Patterson who plays RB, not Ryan Jack. Patterson's emergence should mean Jack's days of playing RB are done, thankfully.

That’s the opinion of the Rangers manager, Ryan Jack in my opinion is probably a better right back than Stephen O’Donnell, however Clarke will go with O’Donnell I would assume. 

Surely that's clubs being entitled to refuse on the grounds of the country they'd be playing in internationally being on a quarantine list of the country they play in domestically, with their government not providing an exemption for professional sport, rather than being required to quarantine on the grounds of being exposed to someone who has tested positive on the trip? As the latter could happen to anyone, every club in Europe could refuse to release players if that was the case.
The rules say the clubs can only refuse due to their nations quarantine/travel policy but the quarantine lists are massive so in effect a lot of clubs can pick and choose who goes where.
FIFPro and the big clubs tried to change it to a player/club decision no matter where they were playing but backed down eventually.

Let’s stop making out Israel to be world beaters.

Never called them “world beaters” chief.

I was implying we shouldn’t be underestimating them.

I would rather have Zahavi and Dabbur than any striker we currently have. Ok, they maybe aren’t blessed with talent throughout the whole team, but given the Nations League game at Hampden, if we play anything like that with an absolutely turd defence like ours, Zahavi will have a field day. All it takes is one decent player and allowing him space and time to make the difference.

Clarke has insisted we play sit back so be prepared for Zahavi and Dabbur to cause plenty trouble. Don’t care if the rest of their team is average at best, our backward tactics will enable Israel to get plenty chances out of them two.

35 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

That’s the opinion of the Rangers manager, Ryan Jack in my opinion is probably a better right back than Stephen O’Donnell, however Clarke will go with O’Donnell I would assume. 

O'Donnell has been a better right-back at Scottish Premiership level than Jack ever was. Jack is miles ahead of him in general, but that doesn't make him better in every position he can play.

59 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Armstrong and Christie being out is probably the perfect excuse for him to persist with the McTominay back 5 as it avoids the conundrum of who the hell plays wide midfield.

Terrific.

In many way a blow to have 3 possibly 4 starters missing. In another way it may mean Clarke will stop pissing about with strange formations to fit Tierney and Robertson in the team. 

4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with players in their preferred positions. If Clarke starts with McTominay in defence I would sack him before we KO. McTominay is a good midfielder but he has shown he has poor defensive awareness.

Lots of people on here saying not to play Gallacher or O’Donnell and if we had McKenna and Palmer I would 100% agree. I would also say neither have been at their best for us this season but they are defenders first and foremost. Gallacher has not let Scotland down so far and would have performed better in defence than McTominay did v Israel in Nations League game. 

Something similar to this is what he’ll go for IMO. With Fraser the only winger we could use in a 4-5-1, he’ll 100% go with the 2 wing backs and 3 CBs.

We’re pretty screwed tbh. Didn’t have much hope to begin with, but I’d genuinely be surprised if we managed to pull a result off.

IMG_4399.jpg