Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Experience doesn't count for anything if the player isn't any good at it.

O'Donnell is still a better choice than both at the minute, but I'd have Patterson backing him up over Jack every time. Again, assuming we can actually promote the U21's.

You know who I reckon could have done a decent job there?  Boyle from Hibs, another one we lost to Australia because the people in charge are tubes.  He'd be really good at RWB and passable at RB for the odd game imo.  

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Jack was pretty decent at right back with Aberdeen at the first team level for years. Not as good as he is at midfield though, clearly. Obviously I’m not as up on Patterson’s performances as you will be but given he’s only really played the position at youth level I think there’s still a lot of assumptions being made with him.

I've seen a fair bit of Patterson and I think he's the real deal. Has a playing style almost identical to Tavernier, including the engine, except he's 18 years old and he's Scottish.Built well physically too. I'd trust him against teams like your Motherwells and Killies (and Rangers will too), which given we've actually called players up from those teams, should say something. I'd have no problems using him if we had to, but we're talking about a near-apocalyptic scenario here where we've lost our first and second choice right back in Palmer and Tierney. In normal circumstances I'd leave him in the 21's, but these circumstances are anything but normal.

Sounds like Arsenal aren’t happy that Tierney has been told to isolate and the player is adamant he was socially distanced from Armstrong at all times. They’re looking into getting his isolation removed before the premier league game next weekend

I can't remember if it was regarding Scotland last month but somebody said they take photo's in the team bus/ canteen etc. to see who's sitting where in case of a positive test. If Tierney has no idea they've probably looked back at the photos/cctv and felt like they had no choice.

I remember now. It was the NT's head doctor that was explaining.

3 minutes ago, charger29 said:
26 minutes ago, Donathan said:
Sounds like Arsenal aren’t happy that Tierney has been told to isolate and the player is adamant he was socially distanced from Armstrong at all times. They’re looking into getting his isolation removed before the premier league game next weekend

I can't remember if it was regarding Scotland last month but somebody said they take photo's in the team bus/ canteen etc. to see who's sitting where in case of a positive test. If Tierney has no idea they've probably looked back at the photos/cctv and felt like they had no choice.

Yeah it was.  It was the Scotland team doctor on Radio Scotland.

If they are having to isolate, it's because they were in proximity to Armstrong.

If a few more go down (especially from other nations), I can see the English clubs refusing to release players for the November matches.

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

I've seen a fair bit of Patterson and I think he's the real deal. Has a playing style almost identical to Tavernier, including the engine, except he's 18 years old and he's Scottish.Built well physically too. I'd trust him against teams like your Motherwells and Killies (and Rangers will too), which given we've actually called players up from those teams, should say something. I'd have no problems using him if we had to, but we're talking about a near-apocalyptic scenario here where we've lost our first and second choice right back in Palmer and Tierney. In normal circumstances I'd leave him in the 21's, but these circumstances are anything but normal.

I've not seen much of him at all but this sounds promising

The only time I've seen Patterson at full-back was when he was getting turned inside out by a 38 year-old policeman from Gibraltar a couple of weeks ago, but clearly Gerrard thinks highly enough of him not to sign another right-back.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The only time I've seen Patterson at full-back was when he was getting turned inside out by a 38 year-old policeman from Gibraltar a couple of weeks ago, but clearly Gerrard thinks highly enough of him not to sign another right-back.

Was he aye?  What was the score in that game?

48 minutes ago, Donathan said:

FO Arsenal

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lennon said hes not picking up the phone to Clarke if he wants Griffiths.

I'm all for Griffiths the man overcoming his personal problems while getting the help and support he needs. Griffiths the footballer, on the other hand, has done the square root of feck all for several years, and if Clarke is thinking about calling him, which I doubt, then I'll be joining the ranks of those calling for his head.

47 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Its just a shite state of affairs.  On paper we should have enough to beat Israel but I'm not particularly confident either.  And the NL is our only chance of qualifying for the WC and its likely to be fucked after two games.  Pish.

It's far from only us who have problems, Israel themselves have been decimated by injuries and our last game against the Czechs was a gimme due to their entire first team squad being eliminated due to covid, so really we've little to complain about.

I'd also add that given that the Czech republic have currently the highest covid rates in Europe, that both they and Slovakia could be facing similar covid issues by the time we actually come to play them.

I'm all for Griffiths the man overcoming his personal problems while getting the help and support he needs. Griffiths the footballer, on the other hand, has done the square root of feck all for several years, and if Clarke is thinking about calling him, which I doubt, then I'll be joining the ranks of those calling for his head.

Griffiths has scored more goals this year than any of the other strikers in the squad, aside from Shankland who has the same number.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Griffiths has scored more goals this year than any of the other strikers in the squad, aside from Shankland who has the same number.

I'm assuming that we're only ever going to play one up front, and Dykes has impressed in that role so far.