Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

23 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Read on the BBC website that Porteous is suspended for the U21 game, so in in the full squad. Is he allowed to play for the full squad in that case?? Seems a rather odd distinction that you can be suspended for one but play for the other...

Clarke mentioned in his interview that it's a competition specific suspension, meaning he's only suspended for U21 Qualifiers. 

On 24/09/2020 at 18:01, Gnash said:

The Supporters club email doesn't confirm that the game will have no fans though.  It just says that a capacity crowd won't be there.  If they mean that there will be no crowd at all, the wording is appalling.  If some fans will be allowed in, they should have mentioned that.

It said no fans would be in the stadium and that an automatic refund would be made, pretty clear! 

Anyone had their refund yet?

Edited by M0rtonfc

7 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Clarke mentioned in his interview that it's a competition specific suspension, meaning he's only suspended for U21 Qualifiers. 

thanks for that. Didn't listen to the interview, but it does seem a rather weird way of doing things - get suspended in the U21s and then play for the full team (potentially, anyway!), then do the same the other way about - get red-carded for taking out their main dangerman and then play for the U21s later in the week!!!

5 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

thanks for that. Didn't listen to the interview, but it does seem a rather weird way of doing things - get suspended in the U21s and then play for the full team (potentially, anyway!), then do the same the other way about - get red-carded for taking out their main dangerman and then play for the U21s later in the week!!!

I think the chances of him playing for the senior side are pretty slim, but if I understand him right, the thinking since he can't play for U21s then might as well bring him for another taste of the set up, as they did with him last November. Doesn't do any harm and gives a potential future starter more familiarity with his future teammates, coaches etc. 

Don’t think there’s any glaring omissions from that squad and I’m almost a wee bit more content about our options up front after Dykes performing fairly well in his first two caps and the way Burke has started this season.

I do have a worry though that the squad looks like it lends itself to McTominay being played at centre half again as part of that awful back 3. I’d be highly surprised if Porteous and Gallagher started at all, which leaves only two other centre halves plus Tierney.

I’d liked to have seen Ross Stewart included in a squad or two over the last season, I think he could do a similar job as Dykes if given the chance. I see a few more English Championship teams are looking at him. Ross County are supposedly looking for 1million for him. I think he’s worth that. I think a move to the Championship would be good for him.