Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

If we stick with 3 at the back and players out of position we will be fucked.

Get back to 4-2-3-1

Get Robertson back to left back

Get Tierney to right back 

Get McTominay back to centre mid 

Get Fraser back out wide 

Do the above and I'm still confident we will get past Israel 

.................................Marshall.............................

Tierney......McKenna......Cooper.......Robertson 

.....................McTominay.....Fleck..........................

Armstrong..............Christie...................Fraser

.....................................Dykes.................................

Edited by DavidMcG

This might be Lockdown-and-Scotland induced pessimism, but should we lose the Israel game specifically, and it isn't down to some hard-luck story where we lose to a dive in the 95th minute, I'd honestly punt Clarke.  He's done literally nothing, and worse than that, seems like he has no prospect of even the chance of doing more than nothing.  Hope he proves me wrong.

4-3-3

Marshall/McLoughlin

Palmer-----Gallagher/McKenna-----Cooper-----Robertson

Jack/McGregor-----McTominay-----Fleck

Christie-----Armstrong/McGinn

Dykes/McBurnie

Block passes into the centre backs and let them just header everything. Force teams out wide. Get Christie and Armstrong/McGinn running beyond the striker.

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

4-3-3

Marshall/McLoughlin

Palmer-----Gallagher/McKenna-----Cooper-----Robertson

Jack/McGregor-----McTominay-----Fleck

Christie-----Armstrong/McGinn

Dykes/McBurnie

Block passes into the centre backs and let them just header everything. Force teams out wide. Get Christie and Armstrong/McGinn running beyond the striker.

If we played all of them we'd still be shit

Given what I've seen so far, I'd go with:

............................................Marshall...............................................

Tierney...............Cooper...............Findlay.........Robertson

........................................McTominay............................................

......................McGinn................................Fleck..........................

Christie..............................Dykes...................................Fraser

Keep this team together for a few games.

If forced into it, the only alternatives I'd consider are:

MacGregor for Fleck

Forrest for Christie

McLean for McTominay

Palmer for Tierney

Jack for Fleck

McKenna if every other defender is injured

And Griffiths, if he gets his act together.

Edited by KillieMogwai

1 hour ago, KillieMogwai said:

Given what I've seen so far, I'd go with:

............................................Marshall...............................................

Tierney...............Cooper...............Findlay.........Robertson

........................................McTominay............................................

......................McGinn................................Fleck..........................

Christie..............................Dykes...................................Fraser

Keep this team together for a few games.

If forced into it, the only alternatives I'd consider are:

MacGregor for Fleck

Forrest for Christie

McLean for McTominay

Palmer for Tierney

Jack for Fleck

McKenna if every other defender is injured

And Griffiths, if he gets his act together.

Whats your logic behind this comment based on what we saw this week ? 

Three lineups posted since last night. One doesn't have McGinn in it and another has a toss-up between Armstrong/McGinn.
Am I missing something?
Yeah he wasn't great against Israel on Friday but who was? At least with McGinn there is always a spark and we've seen he's not bad in front of goal if a chance comes.
Guaranteed starter for me.
Don't know what will happen with Fraser. Presumably the bridges aren't fully burned yet and he'll still be involves.

Screenshot_20200908-095023_Firefox_1.jpeg

Three lineups posted since last night. One doesn't have McGinn in it and another has a toss-up between Armstrong/McGinn.
Am I missing something?
Yeah he wasn't great against Israel on Friday but who was? At least with McGinn there is always a spark and we've seen he's not bad in front of goal if a chance comes.
Guaranteed starter for me.
Don't know what will happen with Fraser. Presumably the bridges aren't fully burned yet and he'll still be involves.

Screenshot_20200908-095023_Firefox_1.thumb.jpeg.6c5ab383982ef67fa376f7ad64422690.jpeg
I'd be happy with this but would have reservations about a right side with Christie and Tierney both cutting inside. You could swap Forrest/Fraser (if he turns up) with Christie which would create a nice wee triangle of Robertson-Armstrong-Christie. I suppose McGinn could drift out too but ideally he'd be hanging around the box.

The Armstrong-McTominay pairing could be a bit chaotic and leave big holes in front of the defence.

I'd be happy with this but would have reservations about a right side with Christie and Tierney both cutting inside. You could swap Forrest/Fraser (if he turns up) with Christie which would create a nice wee triangle of Robertson-Armstrong-Christie. I suppose McGinn could drift out too but ideally he'd be hanging around the box.

The Armstrong-McTominay pairing could be a bit chaotic and leave big holes in front of the defence.

Forrest and Christie are used to switching during the game so that should be fine to partially combat the Tierney problem. Can't say I remember much of watching Fraser play on the right but I know he's done it a fair amount of time.

I see what you're saying about Armstrong. I had that in the back of my head but felt we needed something, anything, in that area of the pitch.

Looking back at the Israel 2018 game at Hampden, Armstrong and McGregor were the deepest two I think and Armstrong went wandering a few times which had both positive and negative effects. I'd hope getting McTominay in there would help block the passes/close down shots which McGregor couldn't do.

Tierney...............Cooper...............McKenna.........Robertson

Christie..............................McBurnie...................................Armstrong

If we had everyone available I'd go with something like that. I'm not convinced Ryan Fraser will ever turn up for us again, so Armstrong out wide even though he was honking last night, he's usually good. McBurnie or Dykes, I don't mind, but if both fit and available I think you start with McBurnie. Almost everyone there is playing in a familiar position aside from Tierney, but he's shown he can performer anywhere for us.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Tierney...............Cooper...............McKenna.........Robertson

Christie..............................McBurnie...................................Armstrong

If we had everyone available I'd go with something like that. I'm not convinced Ryan Fraser will ever turn up for us again, so Armstrong out wide even though he was honking last night, he's usually good. McBurnie or Dykes, I don't mind, but if both fit and available I think you start with McBurnie. Almost everyone there is playing in a familiar position aside from Tierney, but he's shown he can performer anywhere for us.

No width on the right with two left footers wouldn't be great.  For that reason if Tierney plays RB then Forrest or Fraser have to play in front of him imo.

3 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

No width on the right with two left footers wouldn't be great.  For that reason if Tierney plays RB then Forrest or Fraser have to play in front of him imo.

Switch Armstrong and Christie then. Forrest is a waste of a jersey and Fraser isn't interested.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Switch Armstrong and Christie then. Forrest is a waste of a jersey and Fraser isn't interested.

I think in his right position Forrest is still a good option and Fraser just needs good management. Fair enough he's an arse and not really interested, its the manager's job to get him interested. He's decent and quick, we need to try and get a few campaigns out of him.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Marshall

Palmer Cooper McKenna Robertson

McTominay McGregor

Christie McGinn Fraser

Dykes

That's our stongest team

Not convinced McGregor would be in the strongest XI on form (current or otherwise).  Not convinced Fraser wants to play.  Other than that, you are probably right.  Dykes did enough, although he needs to work on his fitness from appearances, and Palmer looks reasonable solid, relatively speaking.