Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

Does anyone in the SSC know whats going to happen regarding attendance for the Israel game? Got 2 tickets and haven't had any communications about what im meant to do with them . Obviously Covid-19 has everybody making it up as they go along and that cant be helped to an extent, although it would be nice to at least have some idea of what may provisionally be proposed in terms of whether or not fans will be attending. 

They were quick enough to take the money 

Edited by greenockraver

They still don't know whether a) UEFA or b) the Scottish government will be allowing crowds in, and if so how many people, so it's hard for them to make any sort of definitive plans.

If you're desperate for a refund right now then I'm sure they'll give you one.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They still don't know whether a) UEFA or b) the Scottish government will be allowing crowds in, and if so how many people, so it's hard for them to make any sort of definitive plans.

If you're desperate for a refund right now then I'm sure they'll give you one.

Ah dont get me wrong man Im choking to go to the game. 

Also I'd imagine that if even one of the host countries can't have fans, UEFA will make it a blanket decision.  The Nations League games coming up in a couple of weeks could probably have some governments happy to have crowds (no matter how sensible or otherwise that would be).  I think UEFA would be quite interested in levelling the playing field somewhat, particularly for a potential final.

No matter what, it's going to be interesting what the SFA have planned (or at least should have planned).  Did we sell out for the game originally?  There's no way a full crowd is getting in in October, so they're going to be issuing a lot of refunds as a best case.

5 hours ago, forameus said:

Also I'd imagine that if even one of the host countries can't have fans, UEFA will make it a blanket decision.  The Nations League games coming up in a couple of weeks could probably have some governments happy to have crowds (no matter how sensible or otherwise that would be).  I think UEFA would be quite interested in levelling the playing field somewhat, particularly for a potential final.

No matter what, it's going to be interesting what the SFA have planned (or at least should have planned).  Did we sell out for the game originally?  There's no way a full crowd is getting in in October, so they're going to be issuing a lot of refunds as a best case.

Members only for the play-off game? 

19 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Members only with the highest points for attending games. 

Got to imagine that will be the way they do it, aye, if UEFA don't put a blanket ban on as they have done for the September Nations League games (and the October and November Nations League games? Not sure that has been confirmed or not yet). 

Would be unfair on the people who don't live in Glasgow. 

Pretty much all the COVID restrictions are unfair on people, public health trumps fairness here, so if the Scottish government decide to limit the travelling range for attending sports matches then folk will have to lump it.

Life is unfair in general tbh. You just have to get on with it as it's in the best interests of the public. You'll get a refund anyway. No big deal. 

Edited by DAFC.

You'd presume by October that the general advice won't be "don't travel" for things like work, so I can't imagine they'll use distance as a measure of how people are getting to the game.  I live just outside Glasgow, but would likely drive in to town and then walk out and back like I usually do.  Hamish Glengarrie getting a supporters bus down from Aberdeen right to the stadium.  I'd say both of these are less risk than someone living closer than me but who intends on getting public transport out to the stadium.  It's difficult.

There's not a chance in hell it'll be a full house, so I expect they'll just reward the most loyal and try and deal with things that way.  It will be interesting to see how they deal with travel though, can't imagine they'll be too thrilled about the thought of the 7pm train from Glasgow to Mount Florida.  Maybe enforce those buses they had previously?  I'd say stop the trains, but they can't really do that for the people that aren't using it to get to the football. 

10 minutes ago, forameus said:

You'd presume by October that the general advice won't be "don't travel" for things like work, so I can't imagine they'll use distance as a measure of how people are getting to the game.  I live just outside Glasgow, but would likely drive in to town and then walk out and back like I usually do.  Hamish Glengarrie getting a supporters bus down from Aberdeen right to the stadium.  I'd say both of these are less risk than someone living closer than me but who intends on getting public transport out to the stadium.  It's difficult.

There's not a chance in hell it'll be a full house, so I expect they'll just reward the most loyal and try and deal with things that way.  It will be interesting to see how they deal with travel though, can't imagine they'll be too thrilled about the thought of the 7pm train from Glasgow to Mount Florida.  Maybe enforce those buses they had previously?  I'd say stop the trains, but they can't really do that for the people that aren't using it to get to the football. 

Surely teams of pissed up fans on supporters buses travelling the length of the country is exactly the sort of thing the SG will look to stop?

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Surely teams of pissed up fans on supporters buses travelling the length of the country is exactly the sort of thing the SG will look to stop?

True, guess the onus falls on the people running the buses to make sure numbers are small enough  and people are sensibl....oh wait, I see where that falls down

On 25/08/2020 at 20:12, craigkillie said:

Pretty much all the COVID restrictions are unfair on people, public health trumps fairness here, so if the Scottish government decide to limit the travelling range for attending sports matches then folk will have to lump it.

This.

In terms of limiting any major spread it would make sense to only allow Glasgow residents to attend the game (as unfair as it would be to those further away who otherwise go to every game). That way if there was an outbreak that can be traced to the stadium, it stays in Glasgow rather than folk going back to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Motherwell, Dumfries etc.

On 22/08/2020 at 14:49, greenockraver said:

Does anyone in the SSC know whats going to happen regarding attendance for the Israel game? Got 2 tickets and haven't had any communications about what im meant to do with them . Obviously Covid-19 has everybody making it up as they go along and that cant be helped to an extent, although it would be nice to at least have some idea of what may provisionally be proposed in terms of whether or not fans will be attending. 

They were quick enough to take the money 

I think that as Craigkillie says, they don’t know why they are allowed to do attendance-wise yet and I think are waiting for information on that.

There was an e-mail a few months back saying you can get a refund if you want it (around the time the game was rescheduled). 

• 2 weeks later...