Aberdeen v Livingston - Sunday 3pm

2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

In every experiment with a back 3, we have always looked horrendous at the back. Prior to Thursday. The back 3 were virtually untroubled.

I expect more of the same. (not sure who's actually available for this one).

Lewis

McCrorie Taylor Hoban

Hernandez Ojo Hayes

Hedges Ferguson Kennedy

McGinn

The front 4 rotate Levein stylz 🤙

Everyone available, bar the long term injured and  Considine who will serve his second match suspension.

Stryjek

Devlin Fitzwater Guthrie McMillan

Bartley Sibbald

Robinson Pittman Forrest

Lokotsch

....is what I'd like

McCrorie

Ambrose Holt Sibbald Pittman Forrest

Hamilton

....is what I think we might happen, unless Marv recovers

Maybe I’m missing something, but he’s not a striker, is he?

McInnes is more interested in forwards that physically challenge defenders and in theory create space for others, rather than their own goal scoring stats.

Watkins looks ideal for him.

6 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

Stryjek

Bartley Sibbald

Robinson Pittman Forrest

Lokotsch

....is what I'd like

McCrorie

Ambrose Holt Sibbald Pittman Forrest

Hamilton

....is what I think we might happen, unless Marv recovers

Yeah I wonder if we'll push Sibbs further up now Holt is in the team, him Pitts and Forrest would be a decent combo in the attacking mid 3. That's the hardest area to choose from just now, so many options with Souda doing well there last season, Robbo always gives us energy and experience, and Poplatnik looks like he'd get some goals playing there. Forrest and Pitts have to start though, so only one more place from all those players.

Agree with you that Stryjek deserves to start, but also have no confidence of Holt doing so, think he'll just go back with McCrorie, and it'll take several obv blunders from him to be ousted from the number one spot. He hasn't made too many of those yet, but did look indecisive against Motherwell with his decision making, and almost cost us a goal, but for Guthrie clearing it off the line, it didn't go in though so prob gets a free pass on that one.

*edit to add, I was looking at the bbc team selector to do a copy and paste job for a predictive starting XI, but they haven't got  our new signings listed, and still have Dolly and Pepe on it, useless c***s.

Feckers even mention Serrano and Lars in their pre match segment beforehand, saying we may give them debuts, but haven't got them as options for selecting.

Anyway, so i'll just stick this up and just switch Hamilton for Lars as I couldn't select him, as he isn't listed. My preferred starting XI.

livingston-selector-1920-62b12f730ac56c8

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Stryjek
Devlin Brown/Fitzwater Guthrie McMillan
Holt Bartley/Crawford
Forrest Sibbald Robbo
Hamilton

Stokes to come off the bench for Hamilton or to play in behind him...think Sibbald would pose more of a goal threat than Pittman in that role.

I'd eventually like to see Hoban and McKenna have the opportunity to develop as a centre-back partnership - hopefully it would allow us to make better use of the ball from the back whilst not losing too much of the physicality and presence we gain from having Taylor there. Tomorrow might not be the time to experiment with that, though, given the circumstances - it will probably be Taylor and one of McKenna/Hoban depending on if the former is ready to play. 

Would expect McKenna to replace Hoban if he is fit. Given Hoban’s injury history think we should be managing his game time. No idea where Watkins will fit in as clearly not a centre forward that suits our current style of play.

Going to first time using the Red tv coverage. How have others who have used it found it?