The abolish the Scottish Parliament party.

16 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I quite like that it's teenagers on twitter revitalising Scots and not that weirdo at the National

Please tell me you're not talking about these gonks posting stuff like "ma maw telt me ah wis tae go fur ma dinner n ah said bolt ya tube" and getting 1000s of numbers.

All too predictable that virginton would try to turn me into some sort of uber-Unionist stereotype even though the post ends with a strong hint of how I would be leaning on a referendum right now (hint: it isn't Better Together, if that means living under UKIP lite policies in Westminster terms). As for people who watched Braveheart and thought it was a documentary. They are not too hard to find:

9602141?type=responsive-gallery-fullscre

That looks more like a bizarre post-imperial identity crisis to me than anything else. People in other countries are laughing at you not with you.

You seem to be harbouring the delusion that people really care about your current 'floating vote' stance on here: they don't though. Your posting history is testament enough to your nonsense views, which you now seem to have doubled down on with a bizarre reference to Scottish international team fans. Another group not even remotely relevant to the development of Scottish nationalism, which you continue to try - and fail - to infantilise as a mere 'invention of tradition' cultural movement because its 'national language died out'. Two hopelessly wrong claims packaged in one giant turd of a contribution. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Instead of normalising a watered down "modern Scots" in a Catalan sort of way to justify a separate nationalism, phony kilts and bagpipes nonsense that was originally promoted in the 19th century to rehabilitate Jacobitism to try to stop the proles having bolshy Presbyterian ideas about having the right to vote has been latched onto and started to get taken seriously by the sort of people that watched Braveheart and thought it was a documentary.

This applies to about ten people none of which have any power over the independence movement.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Please tell me you're not talking about these gonks posting stuff like "ma maw telt me ah wis tae go fur ma dinner n ah said bolt ya tube" and getting 1000s of numbers.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

the wittier end of that sphere

None of the popular accounts who tweet like this actually sound like this irl as well and I'm saying this as somedy who's met them. 

39 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

All too predictable that virginton would try to turn me into some sort of uber-Unionist stereotype even though the post ends with a strong hint of how I would be leaning on a referendum right now (hint: it isn't Better Together, if that means living under UKIP lite policies in Westminster terms). As for people who watched Braveheart and thought it was a documentary. They are not too hard to find:

9602141?type=responsive-gallery-fullscre

That looks more like a bizarre post-imperial identity crisis to me than anything else. People in other countries are laughing at you not with you.

Do you think these guys watched Vikings and thought it was a documentary?

image.thumb.png.42c025705dd094b60b4d9267fa10b7ce.png

Or do you reckon they're just using a national stereotype in a fun / cringy (depending on your perspective) and patriotic way at a sporting event just like *checks notes* every single other country in the world?

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Do you think these guys watched Vikings and thought it was a documentary?

image.thumb.png.42c025705dd094b60b4d9267fa10b7ce.png

Or do you reckon they're just using a national stereotype in a fun / cringy (depending on your perspective) and patriotic way at a sporting event just like *checks notes* every single other country in the world?

The Tartan Army take it all a lot more seriously, cringe factor 9 imo, especially when they're grabbing random women explaining they're just being friendly. Nothing to do with independence mind.

34 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Over and out for now unless something intelligent gets posted.

It's certainly not going to be posted by yourself, whose entire contribution to the forum seems to be lifted directly from some obscure, dusty old course textbook that would have been out of date in the 1950s - today's chapter: Nationalism for Dummies (by Dummies).

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Tartan Army take it all a lot more seriously, cringe factor 9 imo, especially when they're grabbing random women explaining they're just being friendly. Nothing to do with independence mind.

Maybe they do. What's that got to do with what we're talking about? I'd rather they were overly-cringy than going around smashing the place up.

Me and my girlfriend got banned from this party's Facebook page for trolling them with lots of "ye ragin?" Nicola Sturgeon memes.
Couples who troll together, stay together.
Good effort. Working on it myself at the moment. They seem a fairly angry bunch.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^that was quick for someone that doesn't care. Over and out for now unless something intelligent gets posted.

I said I didn't care about your 'I might vote yes look at me' utterly tedious cry for attention; I do care about effortlessly mopping up all your fail from this thread and ushering you out the door. Job done.

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif

23 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You only get taken seriously as a language once you move beyond the realm of vernacular speech and it gets normalised, people get taught in it at school and actually use it in newspapers, books, TV programmes and internet messageboards like this one. None of that is happening with Scots under the SNP. Only Gaelic gets pushed to that sort of extent but only a wee bit because it's only spoken in real life by a couple of geriatric crofters called Calum and Dougal.

Swiss German would argue against that.

Amusing to see LTL double down there.

The Torcuils' and Catrionas' who were very much taken by empire and North Britishness have suddenly turned to leadership roles in the SNP ? The party is run by central belt technocrats, not the cast of Brigadoon FFS.

Reducing the Yes movement down to the Hamish Husband cosplayers and linking the rise in support for self determination to Braveheart is the level of political analysis I'd expect from The Sun trying to explain to white van man and the gammons why the Jocks want to f**k off.

The polls consistently show a higher wish for independence here than Catalonia anyway, it's not a cultural difference we have with the UK, it's a competency issue. Westminster is fucking useless and the rUK electorate are deluded lemmings. Not the majority probably, but that's the way the electoral system works. And it's gone on for fucking ever. Time to go our own way.

Edited by welshbairn

54 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Reducing the Yes movement down to the Hamish Husband cosplayers and linking the rise in support for self determination to Braveheart is the level of political analysis I'd expect from The Sun trying to explain to white van man and the gammons why the Jocks want to f**k off.

Except that is exactly what it is-an ethno-nationalist movement based entirely on grievance and identity.