The abolish the Scottish Parliament party.

1 hour ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

However,  some of the Eejits that turn up at Sturgones anti English rallies

36 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Stugones bullies turn up at other parties and cause havoc.

11 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

I see Sturgones Trolls have woken up.

Sturgeon. Her surname is Sturgeon. You're completely disrespecting our First Minister with this basic failure to grasp her name. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think the abolish Holyrood lot are deep down, cowards.

Imo, many of these folk are uncomfortable with having to engage with the many socio-political issues we have in the UK/Scotland. Having the parliament in Edinburgh closer to home alongside the big constitutional elephant in the room, forces these people to engage in politics. Easier for these folk to ignore this sort of stuff that may not directly inconvenience them, if it's far off in that London.

I think it's fair enough to criticise the SNP on their record and think they're doing a shite job. However, if you want the powers returned to people capable of making an even bigger c**t if it, as the last 20 years of Westminster bin fires proves, than as I said, you're either a dribbling simpleton, or a coward who is not really that bothered about welfare, education etc in the first place.

'Abolish Holyrood' is the mating cry of the wingnut fuckwit Yoon walloper. 

What they mean is 'abolish Holyrood because so many people are voting SNP we'll never be able to vote them out in an election'. 

If we had Labour or, God forbid the Tories, forming the Scottish government and turning it into a glorified town council, you wouldn't hear a peep from these BritNats. 

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

£100,000,000.00 seems an awful lot of money. Is that figure right?

I think the last official figure, from 2017-2018 , was about  £98 million.   House of Commons was  about £427 million, House of Lords, £99 million.

8 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

I think the last official figure, from 2017-2018 , was about  £98 million.   House of Commons was  about £427 million, House of Lords, £99 million.

That's nearly half a Neymar. Disgraceful!

13 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

Thanks.

Those figures, at first glance, are unbelievable. However, add up MSPs' salaries, ministerial salaries (both plus expenses?), secreterial staff, ancillary staff, electricity, heating, phone and broadband, maintenance (both building and fixtures & fittings), food, ministerial cars, security etc I'm sure it fair mounts up.

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

12 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

They forget that without Holyrood, a lot of the work done there needs to be done elsewhere and will still cost money. Not saying it will be £ 100m, but the actual saving (if any) will be much, much lower than £ 100m

And turning it into homes for veterans? How much would that cost for a building that never had the purpose of housing and as a result has never been designed as such? It could end up being cheaper to build an entirely new appartment block. If for whatever reason the current Holyrood building doesn't get used for its current purpose anymore it would probably be far more sensible to change it into a conference venue or something like that.

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

They forget that without Holyrood, a lot of the work done there needs to be done elsewhere and will still cost money. Not saying it will be £ 100m, but the actual saving (if any) will be much, much lower than £ 100m

And turning it into homes for veterans? How much would that cost for a building that never had the purpose of housing and as a result has never been designed as such? It could end up being cheaper to build an entirely new appartment block. If for whatever reason the current Holyrood building doesn't get used for its current purpose anymore it would probably be far more sensible to change it into a conference venue or something like that.

No "could" about it.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I assume if Douglas “f**k the gypos” Ross leads the Tories to victory in Holyrood elections, this lot will still be in favour of getting rid of it?

It can’t just be that they’re shiteing it from the SNP?

They are the Vox to Douglas Ross's Partido Popular type posture. Their analysis is that the only way to defeat the SNP is to collapse Holyrood and turn things back to pre-1997, because the existance of Holyrood is what put the wind into the SNP's sails in a big way in the first place. In Spain even though Madrid bitterly opposed the indepdence referendum the mainstream big two Tory and Labour equivalents both still favour keeping Catalan autonomy intact, which means there is highly likely to still be a pro-independence government in Barcelona on an ongoing basis and an ongoing constitutional tension.

Putting a few politicians in jail and forcing others to be in exile wasn't enough of a backlash for the Vox types who hanker after simpler Francoist times a bit like how a lot of UKIP types still hanker after the Empire. The irony is that all this mob and any George Galloway leftist splinter group probably succeed in doing under d'Hondt is put a significant portion of pro-Union votes out of play on the regional list calculation making it easier for the SNP to achieve an outright majority at Holyrood with under 50% of the vote.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's nearly half a Neymar. Disgraceful!

20 quid each per year for the population of Scotland. Anyone taken in by this line of thinking should consider how easy they find it to spend that sort of sum. The SNP's centralist tendencies in a Scottish context have actually streamlined a lot of state institution administration compared to how things used to be when Westminster ran the show under the Scottish Office. Police Scotland replacing eight separate constabularies all with their own Chief Constable, for example.