Rangers vs Killy Saturday 22nd August

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It’s hard to understand what Kilmarnock wanted from this game. Even after they lost a goal they stayed ultra defensive.  That was as easy a win against them as I can remember.

You’ve only 8 years to think back to be fair, in which your record is pretty poor 

8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ll drop points because Killie are very organised and Aribo is injured and Gerrard has no plan B and no other creative players.

You’ll drop points because you spent c.£6m on 2 new strikers meaning you have 4 when you persevere in playing with 1 unfit, uninterested, huffy striker.

I agree that this will finish a draw but show Killie a bit of respect and don’t divert blame to the ref mate.

Class

3 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Was like a throwback to a Jim Jefferies performance at Ibrox, piss piss poor :(

I just watched the highlights in which there were no tackles from a Kilmarnock player. None at all. Its all very well playing defensively but at some point you need to tackle the opposition. All I saw was Killie players facing up the player in possession and allowing Rangers to pass to one another without any kind of challenge. They did block a few shots but the only thing that was commendable was their social distancing.  

31 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

I just watched the highlights in which there were no tackles from a Kilmarnock player. None at all. Its all very well playing defensively but at some point you need to tackle the opposition. All I saw was Killie players facing up the player in possession and allowing Rangers to pass to one another without any kind of challenge. They did block a few shots but the only thing that was commendable was their social distancing.  

That's a pretty fair summary.  Killie were utter dross today and didn't try to change anything after going a goal down either.

What's with the moniker btw?  You must be at least 60 if you're still celebrating our big pal Quinton playing at Somerset.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Ittens bewildering booking.

I’m pretty certain the Kilmarnock player didn’t take the Rangers player out like the poster claims there.  Maybe a bit harsh, but it’s quite clearly a foul by the striker.,

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m pretty certain the Kilmarnock player didn’t take the Rangers player out like the poster claims there.  Maybe a bit harsh, but it’s quite clearly a foul by the striker.,

It’s not really a foul by anyone, it’s a coming together. Happens a dozen times in every game.

Just now, G51 said:

It’s not really a foul by anyone, it’s a coming together. Happens a dozen times in every game.

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with that, but it’s not hard to see why it was given.  Bewildering is stretching a point.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with that, but it’s not hard to see why it was given.  Bewildering is stretching a point.

Well it is quite hard to see why it was given tbh. Even harder to see why it’s a yellow.

Some refs have come out of the BCD period showing that they’re actually good, they just get affected by the crowd. Others, like Clancy, have shown they’re just bad.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s not hard to see why he was booked?

If anything, the Kilmarnock player initiated the contact and they both go tumbling. More woeful refereeing from Clancy and teams need to put up with it time and time again.

It seems as though teams are just setting up to prevent Rangers from scoring and not really having a go, hence Rangers’ best defensive start to a season since 1929. They haven’t really had to work hard at all to eclipse that record. Teams are parking the bus against Celtic as well.

Thought Rangers were a lot more direct when going forward. A lot of long balls with not much end product. It’s going to take a few games to adapt to that sort of style by the looks of it as it was fairly fruitless.

Fair play to Hibs for getting a late win today to keep their challenge going. They play Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic in their next 4 games so they’ll be doing well if they are still there or thereabouts after that run of games.

• 2 months later...
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 21:20, The_Kincardine said:

That's a pretty fair summary.  Killie were utter dross today and didn't try to change anything after going a goal down either.

What's with the moniker btw?  You must be at least 60 if you're still celebrating our big pal Quinton playing at Somerset.

You're right, well over 60. Cutty Young was something else for us. That famous 2-1 victory over Rangers in 1969, breaking the ground record (25,225) and Cutty scoring a beauty with his wand of a left foot. Those were the days. You'll notice that I didn't see your reply from 3 months ago. Must be my age, sorry. 

4 hours ago, Cutty Old said:

You're right, well over 60. Cutty Young was something else for us. That famous 2-1 victory over Rangers in 1969, breaking the ground record (25,225) and Cutty scoring a beauty with his wand of a left foot. Those were the days. You'll notice that I didn't see your reply from 3 months ago. Must be my age, sorry. 

The Rang-ayr scarves must’ve sold well that day.