UEFA Europa League 20/21

GNU_Linux

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Not so sure about that, I mean as it stands the pot 1 teams will be the following, plus you have teams dropping down from the Europa League...

Tottenham
Roma
Villarreal
Basel
Copenhagen
CSKA Moscow
Marseille
Anderlecht

See, this is why I largely avoid watching European games. Good quality, but not even remotely invested with the teams at all. Not a chance will I be watching the UCL SFs, at least I like Man Utd.

19 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As much as I hate the marketing of the Europa Conference League, at least it'll hopefully allow some teams from other countries some chance at a European title.

The sort of teams that are going to be in that are your West Ham’s, Burnley’s, Evertons etc. Those teams are shite most years.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Would still ream Rangers though obviously

We played Villarreal 2 years ago in the Europa groups and drew 2-2 away and 0-0 at Ibrox. And that was with Jon Flanagan and Kyle Lafferty playing.

The Europa is a great tournament, but this is the point now where it loses its appeal. It’s now just full of middling clubs from the Top 5 leagues. 

I mean, in fairness, isn't this more or less mostly what it was like as the old UEFA Cup too?

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I mean, in fairness, isn't this more or less mostly what it was like as the old UEFA Cup too?

It was aye. Not necessarily saying that part has changed, just that I tend to lose interest in it at this point. It’s neither the pinnacle of football like the CL, nor is it showcasing particularly interesting teams that we rarely see.

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It's really not, you'll struggle to find a more inconsistent team than Arsenal. That's how they managed to win the FA Cup last season yet are sitting 9th in the league.

There's not a chance that Rangers progress in a two leg tie with Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

There's not a chance that Rangers progress in a two leg tie with Arsenal.

Well there’s obviously a chance. That there is a probability of it occurring is unarguable.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, supermik said:

Harry McGuire really is a legend... in his own lunchtime.

Bet he'll have the game of his life against us. Just be like the fucking thing.