UEFA Europa League 20/21

GNU_Linux

Don’t know who the co commentator is on the Leicester v Slavia Prague tie. 

Some scouser. Might be McAteer ? 

But when at 0-0 he absolutely said this Prague team were nothing special and Leicester should have too much for them. 2-0 and he is now praising Slavia Prague. Muppet! Always dismiss other leagues and teams. 

35 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Having watched Slavia for years, seen them get decent results against top class opposition. Watching BT sport tonight was difficult. 

The arrogance of the commentary team was pretty difficult to stomach. 

The arrogance of Scholes after the Man Utd game finished was something else tonight. Talking about how Man Utd were miles ahead of every other team in the competition and that Spanish and German football couldn't look at the English game. Came across like a total c**t.

Edited by G51

38 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Having watched Slavia for years, seen them get decent results against top class opposition. Watching BT sport tonight was difficult. 

The arrogance of the commentary team was pretty difficult to stomach. 

They probably looked at their first game on UK soil and went "pfft, they've no chance".

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s not that it’s just that BR is a terrible manager in European Competition and his record at Liverpool, Celtic and now Leicester prove that.

Spot on. It would be a huge worry for teams looking to pick him up I reckon.

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Tierney cracker 2-2. Arsenal going out on away goals rule if they don't win tonight.

I know it is irrelevant now but one of these games was in Rome and the other in Athens. Was it not weird that away goals were still going to count???

13 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Both goals for Slavia Prague have been class, deserved winners over Leicester.

Agreed. I thought Leicester looked surprisingly poor, though. Seemed as if they thought they were playing some July warm-up match instead of a knockout stage in Europe.

2 hours ago, ahemps said:

I know it is irrelevant now but one of these games was in Rome and the other in Athens. Was it not weird that away goals were still going to count???

I think it's pretty mental it was two legs at all, given both games were at neutral venues. Should’ve just played a one off and reduced travel for everyone.

4 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

I think it's pretty mental it was two legs at all, given both games were at neutral venues. Should’ve just played a one off and reduced travel for everyone.

That would be a better arrangement, but the TV companies paid for two fixtures so they need two fixtures to show.