EFL Cup 2020/21

11 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cannot kick, cannot punch, poor decision making. Type of keeper that gets managers the sack .

I think a few more than that keeper could end up being seen as contributing to Arteta being binned. They are soft and slow. Dangerous combination.

58 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

The Arsenal keeper is an absolute diddy.

Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rúnar_Alex_Rúnarsson) -

"On 21 September 2020, Rúnar Alex signed for Premier League club Arsenal on a four-year deal. He chose the number 13 at the club." 😄

An angry fan, possibly drunk, has added

"His last game for the club was against Manchestery City in the EFL Cup semi-finals, where he showed his ability is not enough to play football."  😂

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
On 01/10/2020 at 21:39, Jambomo said:
There is no VAR tonight. Not until the quarter finals.

No VAR in the quarter final for some reason. Arsenal 1 Manchester city 3. City 3rd goal would have been ruled offside by VAR. Second City goal the result of some comedy goalkeeping by the back up Arsenal keeper who has looked poor.

I noticed that, like you say, think the City goal would have been ruled out.

Arsenal were pretty awful, can’t be long until Arteta is binned. I feel a bit sorry for the keeper - he was dreadful. 

• 2 weeks later...

VAR, and its guesswork of when the ball was played + use of millimetres when you cant even see the defenders foot, fucks Brentford out an equaliser.

Harsh.

• 3 months later...
Just now, accies1874 said:

This must be the first match I've seen with two sets of fans since the football got stopped.

Aye I'm enjoying it for that reason alone. I wasn't aware they were doing it either so it's a nice surprise.