Motherwell v Accies - El Crappico derby

On 20/08/2020 at 02:27, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

So are 99.9% of us lot from across The Clyde.

Our recruitment has been abysmal and we have a midfield which would struggle at League One level allied to a defence which is good for a goal a game and that is without taking account of Rikki Fulton in goals.

We do have goals in the team though -not Moyo or Winter- but Templeton,Ogympoe and the new lad Tunde  but none of them are  100% fit.

No one to create any chances though and badly missing Gogic to protect the defence.

Some of our fans laughed at losing Gogic-well those of us who could see what a pivotal player he was in protecting the defence have been proven to be correct...sadly so as an out of sorts Scott Martin,Callachan and Trafford are not up to the job.

Normally I am a glass half full kind of guy but this team looks dung meat and even a flukey result here won't change this;only decent quality signings will do this.

Missing it anyway due to a Christening,so will turn off all Media until Sportscene awaiting the inevitable.

Can't believe nobody ever calls you out on this negative sh*t. Yes, we all miss Gogic but some of the young players coming through look promising. It's been happening for 6 years now, you have been saying the same at start of those years, maybe time to start believing?? Or at least supporting??

On 20/08/2020 at 02:27, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

So are 99.9% of us lot from across The Clyde.

Our recruitment has been abysmal and we have a midfield which would struggle at League One level allied to a defence which is good for a goal a game and that is without taking account of Rikki Fulton in goals.

We do have goals in the team though -not Moyo or Winter- but Templeton,Ogympoe and the new lad Tunde  but none of them are  100% fit.

No one to create any chances though and badly missing Gogic to protect the defence.

Some of our fans laughed at losing Gogic-well those of us who could see what a pivotal player he was in protecting the defence have been proven to be correct...sadly so as an out of sorts Scott Martin,Callachan and Trafford are not up to the job.

Normally I am a glass half full kind of guy but this team looks dung meat and even a flukey result here won't change this;only decent quality signings will do this.

Missing it anyway due to a Christening,so will turn off all Media until Sportscene awaiting the inevitable.

Ps. "Rikki" was MOM

1 hour ago, NewDouglasPark said:

Can't believe nobody ever calls you out on this negative sh*t. Yes, we all miss Gogic but some of the young players coming through look promising. It's been happening for 6 years now, you have been saying the same at start of those years, maybe time to start believing?? Or at least supporting??

Bullshit as I am one of those  glass half full kind of guys and am more positive than plenty on here if you regularly read my posts but don't let one result against a team struggling like us cloud what we have witnessed in the other games which have been dreadful.

That Motherwell team have won one game in 13 and have crap strikers,so the game  was no great shock when that is taken into account even although many of us were and still are worried at what we have witnessed against Ross County and St.Mirren.

Yes,a great result but we need to build on this and the time to make a judgement call on the effects of this victory is after we have played every side once.

We simply can't play these young guys like Winters,Hamilton etc  etc every week at this level from the start l as they are not ready for a full season starting every week.That is why further experienced recruitment is needed to help the team and also help the kids when they do play.

Let's see if they follow this good result up before getting on your high horse but we have still only scored one goal ourselves in four games and none against both Ross County and St.Mirren at home in two games which isn't good enough however you dress it up.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

That was the first time I'd watched a game with other fans since the Killie game; the feeling of celebrating a goal with others cannot be beaten by anything. I honestly didn't think I could get that buzz from watching a game on the tele.

Awful game and if Fulton didn't pull off that wonder save we'd probably have lost a few but small margins. Substitutes were bang on and changed it for us. We were still poor buy a great result and just goes to show how tight it is in  the league.

Only saw the highlights, so obviously not an accurate depiction.

But i'm pleased Mimnaugh is back. I liked him before and didn't understand why he was left out all last season. He seems to have filled out a bit and it looks like with him we will finally have someone who can take a decent corner or indirect free kick.