St Mirren v Ross county 22/08/2020

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I do agree that he seems a bit hesitant with the subs - I'd certainly like to see Erhahon getting more time - but Saturday was on such a knife edge, I can see why he didn't. Bringing someone on in a high-pressure situation like that could be fatal, for them and us.

Yeah, I was impressed with his distribution. Like I said, it's more a comment on my own (wrong) preconceptions than anything else. You never know, he maybe could end up through the middle if he bulks up a bit. I've just checked and he's actually 6'2". Patrick Vieira is 6'4", so it's not impossible to play there if you're a taller chap. 

I'm 6'2" and Ross Stewart has a couple of inches on me. I'd say he's around the 6'4" mark.

1 hour ago, monthelie' said:

I'm sure he was on the wing when he set up the winner at home to brechin, when we played rotten. Looked decent any time i saw him, although that day all he got was dogs abuse by some utter morons amongst the home support.

Yeah, I positive he's played there a few times, when we were using Jack Ross' 4-2-3-1 formation. I remember thinking to myself, surely he'd be better as the target man.

9 minutes ago, Comrie said:

.. Ross Stewart has a couple of inches on me ..

jnGTMQr.jpg

7 hours ago, tam the bud said:

After watching a few times, i think the ball would have hit the post if Tait has not cleared it. 

Where it would have went after hitting the post i have no idea. 

Nah, ball was spinning inwards, it would have, at worst hit the post and the spin would have taken it in but it looked like it as just dropping in nicely. 

Was an astounding clearance.

13 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

That clearance from Tait was sensational I have to say

Tait has been quite remarkable. Scored the winner against Livi - 3 points. Laid it on for Obika against Hamilton - 3 points. Goal line clearance against County - saving us 1 point. Considering where Well are at the moment it looks like a bad decision to let him go as he has been outstanding for us so far.

Just now, NorthBank said:

Tait has been quite remarkable. Scored the winner against Livi - 3 points. Laid it on for Obika against Hamilton - 3 points. Goal line clearance against County - saving us 1 point. Considering where Well are at the moment it looks like a bad decision to let him go as he has been outstanding for us so far.

I had hoped we were looking at him before you signed him, looks a great bit of business!