St Mirren v Ross county 22/08/2020

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah my dodgy maths converted 183cm to 74 inches when it's actually 72. Still no "wee".

I think maybe I'm getting him and Morais mixed up.

10 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Fucking hell, you won't see a more blatant red card than that all season. There's no debate to be had and absolutely no one would be arguing if it didn't involve their team.

It’s worrying that there is fans out there arguing against it. Winning the ball in the first instance isn’t grounds for then allowing a knee high straight leg seconds after. 

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s worrying that there is fans out there arguing against it. Winning the ball in the first instance isn’t grounds for then allowing a knee high straight leg seconds after. 

A split second after , with Stewart coming in from the side with  studs showing , a coming together was inevitable with JS taking 100% of the ball with no intent to injure !

Edited by billyg

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

'No intent to injure' is also irrelevant to the charge of dangerous play, for which he was rightly given a red card. 

Scotland's most famous referee , Willie Miller , said it was never a red. , as did other pundits. These guys played the game and know the score. I'm with them ! 😊

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Wow.  There genuinely are fans who still think that wasn’t a red card.  

I was more annoyed at the time, when the ref played on, then collum intervened. People moan that the 4th official never gets involved, then one of the rare times he does, its against your own team. The fact it was collum just adds to the seethe. I actually think Stewart shat out the challenge, and still got caught.

Slow motion replay makes it clear that it's a red card.

Shame (for Saints) that the ref didn't even think it was a foul as if he did, he'd probably have done as he did with Vigurs challenge and given a yellow.

The fact he gave nothing (nor did the linesman who had the same view as Collum) meant that Willie had to intervene; and we all know he never does things by halves.

Saw someone else ask this somewhere but never saw an answer; do many 4th officials give decisions during games?

Just to reiterate, I agree it's the correct decision, but do think if the newbie ref had seen it as a foul and given a yellow, Collum wouldn't have overruled him and upgraded it to a red during the game?.

2 hours ago, monthelie' said:

I was more annoyed at the time, when the ref played on, then collum intervened. People moan that the 4th official never gets involved, then one of the rare times he does, its against your own team. The fact it was collum just adds to the seethe. I actually think Stewart shat out the challenge, and still got caught.

At the time I thought it was a foul, but the ref didn't give it.

When he eventually stopped play my initial reaction was that he was doing it to get treatment for Stewart, and was pissed off that he was stopping a Saints attack.

Little did I realise I was about to be a whole lot more pissed off a few minutes later 😀!

26 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Slow motion replay makes it clear that it's a red card.

Shame (for Saints) that the ref didn't even think it was a foul as if he did, he'd probably have done as he did with Vigurs challenge and given a yellow.

The fact he gave nothing (nor did the linesman who had the same view as Collum) meant that Willie had to intervene; and we all know he never does things by halves.

Saw someone else ask this somewhere but never saw an answer; do many 4th officials give decisions during games?

Just to reiterate, I agree it's the correct decision, but do think if the newbie ref had seen it as a foul and given a yellow, Collum wouldn't have overruled him and upgraded it to a red during the game?.

@RandomGuy. is coming on in a second to accuse you of finding the decision disgraceful.

5 hours ago, billyg said:

Scotland's most famous referee , Willie Miller , said it was never a red. , as did other pundits. These guys played the game and know the score. I'm with them ! 😊

Wouldn't have been a red card when he made those sorta challenges on a weekly basis back in the 80s. 

It's a pretty obvious red card when you see it. My issue at the time was the ref playing on for 10 seconds before things were stopped and Collum got involved. If the fourth official is allowed to do that then fine, but you wonder how many officials other than Collum would have told the ref what to do. You can see that as a positive or negative I suppose.

Up until that point I thought the ref had had a decent game.

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The club won’t be appealing, they have confirmed.

Any appeal would have been a massive waste of time and money.

Quite clearly, this whole thread seems like a big, woosh.

Yes, the home fans are disappointed not to win after being a goal to the good but this thread is reminiscent of games against either of the twin cheeks. 

Personally I feel it's 2 points dropped against 10 men just managing to hold out for a draw. 

A point a piece is probably fair.