St Mirren v Ross county 22/08/2020

1 minute ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Will be interesting to hear the Sportscene chat on the red card. If you kick a football with force then it's difficult to prevent your studs from ending up in a horizontal position. Just unfortunate that Stewart's leg was where it was. I don't think there was any malice in it. How many games will he be suspended for?

Serious foul play is usually a 2 game ban.

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

Ah well take the point given the circumstances. Good to see big Jon on the scoresheet yet again, what a player he is.

He took the goal brilliantly. Nudged the defender aside with his backside to buy some space, and picked his spot. Very calm head.

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Should Cammy MacPherson be disappointed to be on the bench at the expense of Sheron ?

You'd like to think any player would be disappointed to be on the bench. I didn't think Sheron had a bad game at all, and was unlucky for the OG. I could understand why he was in the team: he did a lot of dirty work today. 

That said, Cammy did play well when he came on too, albeit in difficult circumstances. They'll be playing alongside each other next weekend, too. 

Should Cammy MacPherson be disappointed to be on the bench at the expense of Sheron ?

Maybe but Sheron played really well today and worked really hard for the team to close spaces. He is also really strong in a challenge so you can see why Jim played him.

3 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

If you’re actually seeking an answer to that one, he has now hit the woodwork in 4 of our 5 opening games (if you include the shot v Motherwell that Carson(?) pushed onto the bar.)

I was since i noticed in the highlights of your games he had hit the woodwork often. 

A wee bit of luck from him and he would be around top scorer for the league. 

1 of Stubbs f**k up giving him to yous for pennies. 

5 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That was a terrible tackle from Shaughnessy. Incredible that the ref didn't even give a foul at first.

I agree. I don't think there's any malice in it but it's a dangerous challenge. Goodwin saying it was a harsh red but that he hasn't seen it back is fair enough, I'd expect he'll change his mind when he does see it. 

It's a little similar to the penalty Motherwell gave away against us- defender gets to the ball first but it's the afters that have gotten them in trouble. 

I thought it was a booking at first but the replays made it look a lot worse than it initially seemed.

I agree. I don't think there's any malice in it but it's a dangerous challenge. Goodwin saying it was a harsh red but that he hasn't seen it back is fair enough, I'd expect he'll change his mind when he does see it. 

I like Joe. Nice lad, but I was looking forward to giving him stick next week after hearing it might be a test game for fans.