St Mirren v Ross county 22/08/2020

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I can't blame Shaughnessy for making the tackle, ball was there to be won, he had to go for it and it was very unfortunate that he caught Stewart. No chance of that getting won at appeal sadly. 

Fact is though mate, every replay shows a full swing and a miss by Stewart followed by Shaughnessy winning the ball. 

What about Danny Lennon? Long greasy grey hair and Ill fitting 1960s suit, all he needs now is stale smoke smelling clothes and shaky, grubby nicotine stained hands and he will feel right at home in his Paisley bedsit.
What about Foley? He's nearly as handsome as Thommo.

What about Danny Lennon? Long greasy grey hair and Ill fitting 1960s suit, all he needs now is stale smoke smelling clothes and shaky, grubby nicotine stained hands and he will feel right at home in his Paisley bedsit.

I’m guessing that was a lot wittier in your mind?

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Fact is though mate, every replay shows a full swing and a miss by Stewart followed by Shaughnessy winning the ball. 

They'll say studs up and caught him high. It's so unfortunate because it is just a follow through. 

He got the ball, but he was high and reckless, he caught Stewart just below the knee. If it was anyone else it'd probably be halfway up their thigh!

A point will do me.

Created very little, too many dreadful passes and awful balls way over our stikers heads. 8 points from 5 games is a decent return so far.

Even though we played with 10 men for so long, I'm pretty disappointed we didn't win that. Thought we were pretty comfortable until the red card, and it took a jammy two deflections to score against 10 men. 

Red card all day long for Shaunessey, it was a poor challenge. My only question, who made the decision? The ref played on, stopped play as Stewart was hurt, allows a minute or so of pushing and arguing then produces the red card. Who made that decision? Seems to have been the 4th official as the assistant wasn't flagging. It was the right decision though.