St Mirren v Ross county 22/08/2020

36 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, that's a comedy of shooting errors, from both sides.

Main message to take away from that is how much I can't wait for Ryan Flynn to be fit again. 

As the video title suggests, that was a game which lifted us off the bottom of the league so you can expect a few nerves - but you are right there are a few shockers and that's just the highlights! As for who replaced us in bottom spot, oooh... I can't remember, but they must have been a right diddy club.

Fully expect us to score first, do well in the first half then overdose on Nytol for the second.

I'll take a draw. Both teams to score.

From the highlights, thought County were very unlucky to lose v United.

Two teams who struggled badly last season getting off to good starts.

Would love us to get a new striker in this week, but if that doesn't happen we're going to have to rely on what LOOKS like a really solid defence.

If we can keep a clean sheet on Saturday, I think we can start to believe that this is the case, and we've not just been riding our luck.

2-0 Saints.

St Mirren have looked solid from what I've seen this season. 

We might be one of the best teams in the country for 45 minutes a game. then the worst in the league for the other 45. 

I think we'll probably set up 4-3-3 again with narrow wide forwards and Paton playing further up 

Connor Randall and Josh Reid both struggled against united so hopefully they have more of a chance to push up further up the pitch this Saturday.

Hope to see Kelly get some minutes instead of Charles-Cook as he seems like he isn't getting used to the pace of the Scottish game at all.

Laidlaw

Randall Donaldson Iacovitti Reid 

Vigurs  Draper

Paton

Mullin Mckay  Stewart

Just the one change for me: McCarthy back in, if fit, for Sheron; Foley back to midfield.

Fraser - Shaughessy - McCarthy - Tait

McGrath - Foley - McPherson - McAllister

-----------Morias - Obika --------------------

Or a version of that: in reality, McAllister, McGrath and Morias appear to have a fair bit of licence to move across the park and either fill holes out wide or in behind Obika. Durmus could easily come back in for Kyle M; I think McGrath is becoming a first-choice pick now.

I promised to be less pessimistic in the Saints thread, so I'm going to predict a narrow Saints win here. Our third 1-0 of the season, Morias to get off the mark.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Just the one change for me: McCarthy back in, if fit, for Sheron; Foley back to midfield.

Fraser - Shaughessy - McCarthy - Tait

McGrath - Foley - McPherson - McAllister

-----------Morias - Obika --------------------

Or a version of that: in reality, McAllister, McGrath and Morias appear to have a fair bit of licence to move across the park and either fill holes out wide or in behind Obika. Durmus could easily come back in for Kyle M; I think McGrath is becoming a first-choice pick now.

I promised to be less pessimistic in the Saints thread, so I'm going to predict a narrow Saints win here. Our third 1-0 of the season, Morias to get off the mark.

Sweet.  No keeper. 

24 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

St Mirren have looked solid from what I've seen this season. 

We might be one of the best teams in the country for 45 minutes a game. then the worst in the league for the other 45. 

I think we'll probably set up 4-3-3 again with narrow wide forwards and Paton playing further up 

Connor Randall and Josh Reid both struggled against united so hopefully they have more of a chance to push up further up the pitch this Saturday.

Hope to see Kelly get some minutes instead of Charles-Cook as he seems like he isn't getting used to the pace of the Scottish game at all.

Laidlaw

Randall Donaldson Iacovitti Reid 

Vigurs  Draper

Paton

Mullin Mckay  Stewart

Dont think we are much different by your description.  You get one good half and one disappointing half.  

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's confidence bordering on arrogance, but we're cheeky so we can get away with it.

We've had a couple of keepers on the bench a couple of times this season, so why not three? Add Durmus up front and its a slightly more attacking 11 from JG.

0-0.

News of a new striker being signed, days after Goodwin said he was looking for a tall and strong player. I'm sure that three different stories appearing in the media relating to ex Killlie, ex-Hearts, tall and strong striker Michael Ngoo looking for a gig is just a coincidence.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

News of a new striker being signed, days after Goodwin said he was looking for a tall and strong player. I'm sure that three different stories appearing in the media relating to ex Killlie, ex-Hearts, tall and strong striker Michael Ngoo looking for a gig is just a coincidence.

He was pish against us in the cup final.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

He was pish against us in the cup final.

He looked like Bambi on ice, from my recollection.

That said I am just putting two and two together here. I trust Goodwin, and I'm sure it's just coincidence Ngoo's agent has got a lot of write ups just as we're due to sign someone.

As much as our results against Hamilton and Livingston have been great, we've been fortunate in that both games could quite easily have ended in draws.

Alnwick has been fantastic, and undoubtedly has been a huge factor in our two clean sheets. Certainly v Livingston the defence was pretty solid. However I felt that Hamilton, particularly in the 2nd half, managed to pick holes in our defence at times.

I also think that our passing could be much improved, as could our decision making when on the break. Shooting practice wouldn't go amiss either.

Having said that on Saturday we played a great first half, and should have been out of sight by half time.

Hopefully with Foley back in midfield on Saturday, we can be a bit more organised and competitive. With a new striker coming in, hopefully we can take more of our chances.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

We’ve more chance of signing Mr Magoo