St Mirren v Ross county 22/08/2020

I've not been convinced with any of our performances this season, and trust me I am in no way a 'knicker wetter' when it comes to that sort of thing. The defence is looking solid though, I just hope that the midfield and attack start to really build in what is a very solid base.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've not been convinced with any of our performances this season, and trust me I am in no way a 'knicker wetter' when it comes to that sort of thing. The defence is looking solid though, I just hope that the midfield and attack start to really build in what is a very solid base.

We were better in the first half on Saturday than Hamilton were in the second. Had we taken our chances, the game would have been put firmly to bed by the HT whistle.

I was pleased with that performance given we rarely turn in a good performance at NDP.

Edited by djchapsticks

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We were better in the first half on Saturday than Hamilton were in the second. Had we taken our chances, the game would have been put firmly to bed by the HT whistle.

I was pleased with that performance given we rarely turn in a good performance at NDP.

I wouldn't necessarily argue with either of those points. I hate the surface at NDP and you are right we struggle there, albeit we won back in December. I just feel we've been riding our luck a little in both the Accies and the Livi games. Both teams were below par and it's been our defence holding firm that's pulled us through. Granted, I'd take that any day over some of the bad luck stories we had last season.

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

I wouldn't necessarily argue with either of those points. I hate the surface at NDP and you are right we struggle there, albeit we won back in December. I just feel we've been riding our luck a little in both the Accies and the Livi games. Both teams were below par and it's been our defence holding firm that's pulled us through. Granted, I'd take that any day over some of the bad luck stories we had last season.

These pitches should not be a problem as it used to be as we have one at the training ground. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

These pitches should not be a problem as it used to be as we have one at the training ground. 

Is it actually the same surface? I know they are both plastic, but are they the same generation.

The thing about NDP is that it's not just the surface, it's what is under the surface too. The ball just reacts strangely, especially on the bounce.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

Is it actually the same surface? I know they are both plastic, but are they the same generation.

The thing about NDP is that it's not just the surface, it's what is under the surface too. The ball just reacts strangely, especially on the bounce.

These pitches should not be used for league games no excuses.  

Our last 2 performances have been decent in the first half but awful in the second.

I want a win obviously, but I can’t see St Mirren dropping points here. A place where we normally struggle and their defence looks sturdy. I reckon 2-1 St Mirren.
I'd take that[emoji106]

Will be really interesting to see what starting XI we go with when Flynn and Magennis are back. Could we see more rotation week to week? I even think we could adapt to a back 5 for certain games,

Alnwick

Fraser McCarthy Shaughnessy

Flynn Magennis Foley Macpherson Tait

Morias Obika

You'd still have Durmus, McAllister, Thor etc. on the bench.

Anyway, just spitballing. Geez a striker. 

EDIT: this really should have went in the main St Mirren thread, apologies. 

1-0 win for the Buds. 

Edited by ulysses