Enshrine the Military Covenant in UK Law

Dear All

The Armed Forces Covenant makes commitments, but is currently voluntary.  The Government should make the Covenant Law and create statutory requirements for the provision of services such as housing and mental health support for veterans. Trevor Coult MC started this petition and I’m doing my bit as an ex Submariner to try and raise the 100000 signatures we require. Can I please ask you to sign the petition below. Currently over 21000 people have signed the petition.  Today the 54th Ex Service person committed Suicide.  RIP Mr Dean Corbett. 

Thanks.

Raymond

https://t.co/lJ0eAXUrRR?amp=1

10 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Yeah this boy has clearly never been on P&B before. 

Try PMing the Rangers fans on here and other assorted bootlickers like @Old Pack 

Seems to be a big “f**k the refugees”, “isn’t Douglass Ross wonderful?” tweeter. Surprisingly no word on the wee ball bag not turning up for VJ Day...

15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

@Raymond Patterson Genuine question, why do you think that simply having been in the armed forces means that someone should be more entitled to services that another person? 

I’ve asked for folk to sign petition.  You have a decision to make.  It’s either Yes or No.  No arm up back - I’ve asked politely and I’ll not be offended if you don’t sign.  If you want to start a petition for other folk then log onto the Government Website.  Have a beautiful day.

Just now, Raymond Patterson said:

I’ve asked for folk to sign petition.  You have a decision to make.  It’s either Yes or No.  No arm up back - I’ve asked politely and I’ll not be offended if you don’t sign.  If you want to start a petition for other folk then log onto the Government Website.  Have a beautiful day.

No decision here, it was always going to be a firm no for me. I was just asking if you could back up your position with any, you know, arguments.

46 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Yeah this boy has clearly never been on P&B before. 

Try PMing the Rangers fans on here and other assorted bootlickers like @Old Pack 

I served with fans/supporters of more than just Rangers.  You will be surprised to hear.  The Armed Forces is a diverse community.

I served with fans/supporters of more than just Rangers.  You will be surprised to hear.  The Armed Forces is a diverse community.
If you're asking folk to sign a petition for something to be put in place, why are you unwilling to explain why the veterans it seeks to help should get priority over other groups?