Plastic pitches - should they be mandatory?

Should Plastic Pitches be made compulsory in the SPFL Premiership?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Given the failure of Rangers at Almondvale today, and Celtic at Rugby Park - whilst not apparently hampering the ability of non-arsecheeks to beat the home teams in question, it's clear that plastic pitches have the potential to be both a great leveller in making Scottish football competitive again, and to cause great seethe and anguish amongst both Old Firm fans and the Scottish footballing media, both undeniably good things. It's becoming clear that enforcing 5G-standard plastic pitches across the entire top flight is a net positive, and would significantly improve the competitiveness of the SPFL, and I propose we should do exactly that. None of this dicking around with colt teams or pleeping about TV money. Synthetic surfaces is what the game needs! Astroturf burns for everybody!

Who's with me? Anyone?

I think 5G is too generous - plays far too close to the real thing.  Nothing later than 1.5g sand based for me. 

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

They've stuck Edin City, Alloa, Stenny, Airdrie and lovely Livi into the same League Cup group.

All of whom play on plastic- it's a conspiracy!

If every single away manager is not talking about it being hard going away and playing on an difficult surface I’ll be disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Why can't they install plastic pitches at Lennoxtown and Murray Park to train on?

This is what I was going to say. They can all afford to get a plastic training pitch in, they are just looking for excuses. 

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

This is what I was going to say. They can all afford to get a plastic training pitch in, they are just looking for excuses. 

I was being flippant, they do have plastic pitches and yes, they are looking for excuses.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

All Celtic and Rangers away games should be played at Almondvale/Rugby Park. 

Balance out the unfair advantage they have on grass pitches. 

I'd be delighted if all Aberdeen's away games were played at Rugby Park. 

Yer Da is very concerned about the amount of injuries they cause. How many pulled hamstrings are we going to see before these are banned? 
Running during matches should be banned aswell as it causes more injuries than walking unlike the rumour of artificial pitches causing more injuries as there has been no conclusive studies proving this.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
44 minutes ago, parsforlife said:
Yer Da is very concerned about the amount of injuries they cause. How many pulled hamstrings are we going to see before these are banned? 

Running during matches should be banned aswell as it causes more injuries than walking unlike the rumour of artificial pitches causing more injuries as there has been no conclusive studies proving this.

Certainly, also have you seen how many players get injured kicking the ball? Really questionable how why we allow this to continue.

Certainly, also have you seen how many players get injured kicking the ball? Really questionable how why we allow this to continue.
So we're agreed, no kicking the ball, no heading, no artificial or grass pitches and no running. We must safeguard our footballers.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

So we're agreed, no kicking the ball, no heading, no artificial or grass pitches and no running. We must safeguard our footballers.

Maybe that’s been Nicola Sturgeon’s master plan the whole time! 

Edited by Junior_Arab