RiG

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s not official, but (as I understand it) two of the four spots are locked by teams we can’t reach and there are multiple other teams that can easily top our points, so I don’t see a path through for us. It’s possible, based upon some convoluted tie-breaker, but I’m not sure.

There'll be an anorak along in a minute to keep us right, but I'm fairly sure you're looking at nine points to qualify, in the vast majority of cases. 

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

There'll be an anorak along in a minute to keep us right, but I'm fairly sure you're looking at nine points to qualify, in the vast majority of cases. 

We snuck through on 8 last year but I'm pretty sure 9 is usually the lowest needed most seasons.

29 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I think Nando has been all over the place defensively tonight but credit where it’s due that’s a good knock down and excellent finish by Duku.

Hendry has been superb the last 20 minutes or so.

Agree. Mendy has improved a lot on the ball but he did get caught out positionally at times. I suspect he's still our 4th choice centre back. 

Hendry was outstanding in the 15 minutes leading up to our goal. Head and shoulders above anyone else in that spell. We are so lucky to have him. 

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s not official, but (as I understand it) two of the four spots are locked by teams we can’t reach and there are multiple other teams that can easily top our points, so I don’t see a path through for us. It’s possible, based upon some convoluted tie-breaker, but I’m not sure.

Caley are out.. Think I’ve worked it out that we need both Alloa, Arbroath to lose, airdrie to lose one game and Peterhead to get pumped by st johnstone... obviously we need to beat cowden 😅 too many ifs and buts, think it’s game over for us boys! 

Overall the draw was about right and you can't argue with the entertainment value. 

I suspect the league match in a couple of weeks might be a bit less open. 

As an attacking force ICT were easily the best we've played this season. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Really enjoyed that tonight. Inverness were comfortably the best team we have played since the league started but we matched them and I think overall a draw was deserved. We were better first half but Inverness were much improved second half. Despite that it did feel like pressure was building towards the end and I wasn’t surprised when the equaliser came.

Concerns defensively at times but only 2 of that back 5 start when everyone is fit. I’ve been impressed by Musonda but MacDonald is our left back when he’s fit, would like to see Musonda at centre back though, especially if Davo is out for any length of time, I’d feel more confident with him than Nando. We also missed Tait’s pressing from the front.

Going forward we were very dangerous and we look capable of troubling anyone in the league. Ross is lightening, Armstrong was decent but felt like he was trying to do it all on his own at times, holding on to the ball too long, probably trying to make amends for his penalty miss. Hendry was outstanding the last 20/30 minutes he is a joy to watch. Also great to see Duku back and picking up where he left off.

Shout out to Thomson for an absolutely superb double save, the second one appeared, on first viewing, genuinely world class. I wasn’t as convinced as everyone else with Inverness’ first handball claim but the second one right at the end was a stonewaller, incredible the referee didn’t give it.

Interesting to see what side we put out on Saturday. I’d rest one of Armstrong/Ross for Coulson and one of Matthews/Hendry for Tait. Not sure if we have anyone else available to rotate but we should make use of whatever squad we have left.

Yeah, that save from Thomson was absolutely incredible, I was utterly convinced Inverness had scored. Hendry was sublime at times, completely ran the show and was the best player on the pitch by a distance. Ethan Ross was very good, too. Duku is going to get a lot of goals if he stays fit, looks to be a superb find.

Would make as many changes as possible for Saturday, even though there’s probably about 3 available.

Saturday seems a reasonable enough opportunity to give Coulson a start. Arnott also started a couple of friendlies I think so he is an option. Not sure Mahady will be ready yet, so a couple of changes is all we've got unless someone makes a miraculous recovery from injury. 

Progress to the knock out stages is worth £25k, I doubt we can get there now. Pish refereees haven’t helped but we are where we expected to be.

3 games  7 penalty claims/decisions  5 given 2 not, and little or no concistency from the refs, meh!

Inverness can rightly feel aggrieved at not being awarded another penalty right at the end, but that can be countered by the referee bottling a red card in the first half when there was no covering defender. 

I would need to see it again to be totally sure, but at the time I thought yellow was the right decision; there was a covering defender. Inverness also had a very good shout for a penalty via a handball by Ross Matthews, then what I believe the highlights will show to be a complete stonewaller turned down when Benedictus handled it well above his head in the dying minutes of the game. Thought the ref had a bit of a mare to be honest.

Yeah, felt the ref had a strange game last night. Got our penalty call right and that’s about it - I think Ross cutting back a tad gave the ref an easy ‘out’ since there was a Caley player injured on the ground, but it was a deliberate hack on a player bearing down on goal. I felt it was a red, defender getting back or not, but happy to take it back if the highlights prove otherwise.

The first handball shout against Matthews would’ve been a ridiculous penalty by any normal standard but under the current rule... it could’ve easily been given. Linesman can’t have failed to spot it (surely!) so I presume he decided on balance no penalty. The one that was actually given was soft in the extreme, I don’t mean to go all ‘if that’s a penalty then you’ll have ten a game’... but if that’s a penalty, you’ll have ten a game. And of course they had one of the most obvious penalties you can hope to see turned down at the death. Can’t believe Bene got away with the ‘Steven Taylor’ acting like it hit him in the face.

Add in constant soft fouls, denying advantages especially in the first half when he stopped the game to book a Caley player with Rovers about to go through on goal... not a great night for the ref.

I think our youth team are doing us proud so far this season.  I can't wait until we play the shite teams in league games, get some points on the board and push us up into the playoffs.  Hopefully our automatic starters will be back soon too.

Edit - I don't include Raith in that of course, you'll be play offs too IMO.

Edited by TheScarf

10 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

As an attacking force ICT were easily the best we've played this season. 

10 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Really enjoyed that tonight. Inverness were comfortably the best team we have played since the league started but we matched them and I think overall a draw was deserved. We were better first half but Inverness were much improved second half. Despite that it did feel like pressure was building towards the end and I wasn’t surprised when the equaliser came.

We have some superb options going forward and will score a shit tonne of goals, it's having to play McKay and Devine at the back that bothers me.  When everyone is fit, Deas and Toshney wil be our two CBs, which is an enormous upgrade.

Cracking nights entertainment and well worth £10. Raith TV was by some distance the best PPV setup I've experienced so far this season. One stutter just before the opening goal and that was it. No problems casting to the TV and the commentary team, whilst slightly biased towards RR as you'd expect, were good fun to listen to. "Has a ball ever hit a train here do you know?" :lol:

Raith definitely the better team in the first half and I think we were on top for most of the second half save for a frantic final 10 minutes or so when Raith almost equalised on a couple of occasions before the finally did. Some pretty obvious penalty shouts for us turned down by a laughably bad referee though I can just about see why some Rovers fans would be clamouring for a red for us in the first half.

Slack defending by Devine to allow Duku wrestle the ball off him and score the opener. Kennedy, who was superb throughout the game for us last night, sent in a wonderful cross from the right to find Sutherland peeling off his marker to head in the equaliser. It looked like Thomson seemed to misjudge the ball when it was headed towards him or it didn't bounce off the astro but I thought he should really have saved it. Wasn't absolutely convinced about the Raith penalty as I thought that Duffy got to the ball to poke it away but regardless it was ballooned high into the Fife sky by Armstrong.

I felt we took control of the game in the second half and were well on top and Doran almost put us ahead when he broke into the box and lashed a shot wide. But then, against the run of play, Ethan Ross broke into the ICT penalty area and cut the ball back from the goal line where it thumped off Devine and past a stranded Ridgers. We then had the first of around 3 penalty claims for handball when Kennedy tried to send a cross into the box but it was blocked by the hand of a Raith defender.

Fortunately we got back on level terms only a few minutes later. Not completely sure what the penalty was given for but someone I was watching the match with said there might have been a possible push on Keatings? Anyway, we took advantage of this good fortune when Keatings scored from the spot and only a few minutes later he had a hand in the ICT 3rd goal as his free kick cracked off the post and MacGregor followed it in to poke the ball in from close range.

There were a couple more penalty appeals for ICT before Raith suddenly sparked back into life again creating some good chances as we headed into the final 10 minutes or so before they finally drew level. Devine seemed to lose the ball in the air and another ICT defender (possibly Harper) didn't follow Duku who lashed in a late equaliser. Yet we almost had a 4th when Allardice lifted a lovely through ball to Keatings who attempted an acrobatic shot at goal but completely fluffed his effort and then Thomson pulled off a superb double save at close range to keep the sides level.

The ICT penalties in the shoot out were poor. A little bit concerning when a CB takes the best spot kick for your side.

Edited by RiG