RiG

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I truly hope that ICT have upgraded our disgraceful Pixellot system and that we are not going to embarrass ourselves on saturday with that makeshift shite we had with previous games, otherwise we are robbing away fans.

There is no upgrade short of a manned joystick override that will solve the problems for afternoon games at ICT. Positioning the camera head looking West, into the setting sun, was a recipe for glare and disaster...but that where the stand is. Short of demanding anyone bald wears a cap and/or erecting a huge polarized screen...

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

There is no upgrade short of a manned joystick override that will solve the problems for afternoon games at ICT. Positioning the camera head looking West, into the setting sun, was a recipe for glare and disaster...but that where the stand is. Short of demanding anyone bald wears a cap and/or erecting a huge polarized screen...

There has been a recruitment drive in the area for a manual operator, presumably by Pixellot, they are offering £80 per game.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

There has been a recruitment drive in the area for a manual operator, presumably by Pixellot, they are offering £80 per game.

They are advertising for one at all ten Championship grounds. They've accepted the AI system doesn't work well enough and will need manual guidance, at least for now. This means installing additional cabling and an operator position with a monitor or laptop to track the camera. Whether that will be in place for Saturday is another question though. It's not in place at Palmerston yet but we don't have a game this weekend so they won't be prioritising us.

As expected we'll be playing as much of a reserve team as we can tomorrow. Makes you think about paying money for what will be even more of a friendly than usual.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/2643532/caley-thistle-boss-john-robertson-does-not-favour-betfred-cup-group-format/

Edited by RiG

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Tempted to watch it to see if it's worth forking out for the league match next Saturday. 

Honestly, I’m not going to. I’ll listen to RaithTV, as the stream has had very little in the way of positive reviews. IF they get the manual operator, and WHEN the operator proves he can track the action, THEN I’ll perhaps splash out for the game. On a related note, the camera head is facing west...consider the time of sunset, you have been warned.

As expected (after some to-ing and fro-ing around availability!) Tait comes in for Benedictus. I'm guessing it will be Armstrong at left back, although it could also see Matthews go into the back line at either full back position with Tumilty in the other. 

We should be good enough to win this one fairly comfortably, but we'll see how things turn out. Nothing like a dead rubber to throw up some odd occurrences. 

Just no more injuries please. No injuries, no injuries, my kingdom for no injuries! 

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Wasn’t going to bother watching this dead rubber but caved at the last minute. Hopefully we don’t pick up any injuries as the league has to be our focus this season with the great start we’ve made.

Ditto, any excuse to have a couple of beers on a Saturday afternoon 😁