RiG

10 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hearts just need a point of East Fife to top the group so, 

We'll be without Gordon, Boyce and Smith because of international duty.

Suggestion seems to be that John Robertson is going to be resting players for this one. While the Rovers might like to dk the same, it'll be limited to players with minor injuries rather than any remarkable overhaul. We don't actually have enough players to field a drastically changed side. 

McGlynn might choose to swap out the keeper, and Robbie Thomson is as strong a back up keeper as you'd expect to see in the Championship. The minutes might be required to keep him happy. 

Depending on Davidson and Kieran MacDonald's injuries, we'll have between four and six fit defenders at the club on Saturday. No great shocks in store there. 

In the midfield, he's got the option to bring in Brad Spencer or a couple of seventeen year olds. That's probably the only truly intriguing selection question. Will Arnott or Coulson be handed a start? I suspect not. 

Up front, it's going to come too soon for Ugwu and Vaughan. With Lokotsch cup-tied, Duku will come back in. If Duku isn't fit enough or can't manage 90 minutes, he'll be replaced by Luke Mahady, who I don't believe has any competitive minutes under his belt. 

Slim pickings, which will really force McGlynn's hand, although I suspect he'd have been keen to go for it anyway. In my view, it'll be our strongest team with the only possible exception of Spencer coming into the midfield for anyone who might be carrying a slight knock. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

We've got no players to rest. I haven't heard / read what he's said but I recall some chat about giving Vincent, Doran and Keatings game time this week to help build their fitness up. We've got almost no chance of getting through the group anyway so may as well get some players in better shape and, hopefully, avoid any more injuries.

Given the current sides respective form I expect Raith to score at least eight goals on Tuesday.

Forgot this cup was even going on, should play the group to completion before the league starts. Can’t say I’m overly bothered about this one, win and it’s a bonus we might get through and get a televised game (assume we get cash for those) but no chance of a big day out for the crowd as there won’t be one. Lose and we can concentrate on the league as who cares about the Cowdenbeath game. Worst result draw with penalties to ICT as we’re both out then.

Suggestion seems to be that John Robertson is going to be resting players for this one. While the Rovers might like to dk the same, it'll be limited to players with minor injuries rather than any remarkable overhaul. We don't actually have enough players to field a drastically changed side. 
McGlynn might choose to swap out the keeper, and Robbie Thomson is as strong a back up keeper as you'd expect to see in the Championship. The minutes might be required to keep him happy. 
Depending on Davidson and Kieran MacDonald's injuries, we'll have between four and six fit defenders at the club on Saturday. No great shocks in store there. 
In the midfield, he's got the option to bring in Brad Spencer or a couple of seventeen year olds. That's probably the only truly intriguing selection question. Will Arnott or Coulson be handed a start? I suspect not. 
Up front, it's going to come too soon for Ugwu and Vaughan. With Lokotsch cup-tied, Duku will come back in. If Duku isn't fit enough or can't manage 90 minutes, he'll be replaced by Luke Mahady, who I don't believe has any competitive minutes under his belt. 
Slim pickings, which will really force McGlynn's hand, although I suspect he'd have been keen to go for it anyway. In my view, it'll be our strongest team with the only possible exception of Spencer coming into the midfield for anyone who might be carrying a slight knock. 

Tait is suspended into the bargain so him, Lars and Davidson will all be out from Saturday’s squad, where we just managed 18 (with a half-fit Duku and three 17 year olds without a first team appearance on the bench). Spencer, Duku and Mendy or MacDonald will all come into the starting line-up.

Suspect it’ll be 15 or 16 in the squad, depending on Kieran MacDonald’s fitness.

The team is still good enough to win but it wouldn’t be a big surprise if it’s just a step too far.

I'd forgotten about Tait's suspension. Would have to assume Spencer will start in his place. That'll blunt us a little bit, although a rest is no bad thing for Tait, given his age. We'll rely on him a lot this season. 

You can name nine subs in this competition, can't you? We'll be lucky to name four, and two of those will be goalkeepers...

Are Raith likely to be doing a PPV for this? 

RaithTV is a good service as they’ve been doing it for overseas fans for a few years now, good cameras and replays (Picture in Picture). There’s also a chat board facility for the fans they only ask people watch their language as it’s for everyone including families.

43 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

RaithTV is a good service as they’ve been doing it for overseas fans for a few years now, good cameras and replays (Picture in Picture). There’s also a chat board facility for the fans they only ask people watch their language as it’s for everyone including families.

Nice one cheers. Signed up at lunch and looking forward to it.

Edited by RiG

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Doubt it, he picked up a hip injury late Oct which was supposed to keep him out for weeks.

ICT have been decimated this season so far with many senior players out with injuries.

I'm sure I saw a suggestion that McHattie could play centre half in an ICT match thread a few weeks back. Was that an injury-forced emergency thing, or is that an honest to God thing that's happening by choice now in the year 2020?

12 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm sure I saw a suggestion that McHattie could play centre half in an ICT match thread a few weeks back. Was that an injury-forced emergency thing, or is that an honest to God thing that's happening by choice now in the year 2020?

We have nearly a full team out.  McHattie doesn't get anywhere near the team when everyone is fit.