RiG

No topic for the dullest group in the draw? Hardly surprising I guess. Maybe there'll be more interest when we get closer to the fixtures...

Edited by RiG

13 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We should just double up the Rovers v ICT match as the 2020 Challenge Cup final while we're at it. 

Yeah that game seems to have dropped off the SPFLs radar...

• 1 month later...

I hadn't appreciated just how stacked the Hearts squad is (at least on paper). Given Robertson has already said we are treating the League Cup as additional preparation for the league season I fully expect some underwhelming showings as is the norm for us in this competition.

At least I've only paid £1 for Premier Sports so there's that...

41 minutes ago, RiG said:

I hadn't appreciated just how stacked the Hearts squad is (at least on paper). Given Robertson has already said we are treating the League Cup as additional preparation for the league season I fully expect some underwhelming showings as is the norm for us in this competition.

At least I've only paid £1 for Premier Sports so there's that...

I'd say stacked is stretching it a bit, Craig Wighton is our only fit striker I believe. We definitely need better players should we go back up but our squad should be walking the league but then on paper shouldn't of been near relegation! Walker has been our bets player pre season. 

On 18/08/2020 at 10:49, RiG said:
Yeah that game seems to have dropped off the SPFLs radar...

Maybe if you shout the loudest about it, they’ll just give it to you like what happened with the League!!![emoji6]

No I’m not still bitter, honest!!! 

Spoiler

Yes I am!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Since I made that post the Press & Journal reported (around the end of August IIRC) that the final was being pencilled in for 22nd November with a venue TBC.

We are without Danny Devine, Lewis Toshney, Kevin McHattie, David Carson, James Vincent and Aaron Doran. Complete stab at a line up (as usual I am no doubt missing someone totally obvious).

Ridgers
Duffy Mckay Deas Harper
Welsh Allardice
Sutherland Keatings Storey
Todorov

1 hour ago, RiG said:

We are without Danny Devine, Lewis Toshney, Kevin McHattie, David Carson, James Vincent and Aaron Doran. Complete stab at a line up (as usual I am no doubt missing someone totally obvious).

Ridgers
Duffy Mckay Deas Harper
Welsh Allardice
Sutherland Keatings Storey
Todorov

Few ex Hearts players in there, which always gives me the fear.