EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Not when a goalkeeper it isn't. I agree that this shouldn't make a difference but they've been put in a class of their own when it comes to dangerous play for decades.

I actually said that to my Dad earlier on, I remember a game a couple of years ago Alloa were playing Celtic at Parkhead and Craig Gordon came rushing out to the edge of his box and his knee/thigh battered into the side of the Alloa players head. It’s the definition of endangering an opponents safety, and would almost certainly be a red card if it happened between two outfield players at the half way line.

Also recall Boruc coming out and blootering  Craig Dargo with a straight leg into his ribs as Dargo was about to round him and put it into an empty net, which you would think would fall under endangering an opponents safety AND denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity, but a certain W. Collum decided a yellow card was sufficient for that incident. 

87A1E7BA-8E42-43D5-9115-0E34F4814CFC.jpeg

Is it because Van Dijk was in an offside position they couldn't look at Pickfords challenge? Or have they just missed it altogether? Surely this opens the door to just wiping out opposition players if you can't get punished if they are offside? 

It was just a dreadful mistake from the VAR operators. It could and should be a red card.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It was just a dreadful mistake from the VAR operators. It could and should be a red card.

Just seen it on motd - it was a dreadful tackle. Defo red and hopefully he’s punished retrospectively.

It was also shocking defending from Robbo again for Everton’s equaliser. Calvert-Lewin just bullied him.

Is it because Van Dijk was in an offside position they couldn't look at Pickfords challenge? Or have they just missed it altogether? Surely this opens the door to just wiping out opposition players if you can't get punished if they are offside? 
Dangerous play should always be punished surely? If it wasn't then players would be karate kicking each other every time the ball went out for a throwing. Might be shite games more interesting mind you.