Jump to content
Mr. Alli

EPL 20/21

Recommended Posts

Looks like Buendia is signing for Aston Villa. If they can keep Grealish, those two in the same team should be fun to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a tad overpriced, tbh. He struggled badly in the Prem the last time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2021 at 08:21, Mr. Alli said:

Seems a tad overpriced, tbh. He struggled badly in the Prem the last time. 

His "underlying numbers" are apparently insane. A lot of geeks I follow on Twitter have been raving about him all season, claiming he's the best EFL Championship player ever.

9 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Arse linked with RB Leipzig’s American midfielder Tyler Adams.

Not sure why he’d step down from Leipzig to Arsenal. He’ll end up like Partey.

Arsenal seem determined to become a mid-table club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2021 at 20:31, Brummie Clyde said:

Leicester seem to be doing good business.

They needed a forward, as Vardy may just be fading slightly.

The rumour was that Rodgers wants Edouard and will pay £15 million for him. That has not happened, possibly due to the managerial farce at Porkheid.

I'm not sure that he'd get many starts. Iheanacho was in very good form at the end of last season.

Perez, and possibly Barnes, can also play as a central striker.

Leicester really need a good right-winger. Under was a big disappointment and Albrighton lacks pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rafa Benitez rumoured to be joining Everton tonight. He loves making some bizarre career choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, David W said:

Rafa Benitez rumoured to be joining Everton tonight. He loves making some bizarre career choices.

Proof that he'll take literally any job if you pay him enough.

Everton are a complete mess of a club. Yet another appointment based on zero logic, presumably followed by another £150m+ chucked down the drain this Summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good manager who'll inevitably be sacked within two years after a promising first transitional season before it all becomes stale when the team fails to progress in the next one.

£200m will be spent.

No trophies will be won.

Yet another side will emerge that is more exciting/successful than Everton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spurs after Gattuso now after talks with Fonseca broke down. 🤣 Shambles.

They'll probably end up with Ange Postecoglou.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Spurs after Gattuso now after talks with Fonseca broke down. 🤣 Shambles.

They'll probably end up with Ange Postecoglou.

The comparison with Celtic's shambles is spot on. Gattuso would be a terrible appointment, as bad a Pirlo who was also linked with the job.

Gattuso's agent is Jorge Mendes. His clients include Mourinho and Nuno Espirito Santo. Gattuso has just walked on Fiorentina after 23 days because they would not sign Mendes's recommendations, i.e. his clients.

Spurs should learn from how much Wolves  wasted on Mendes's clients.

Everton are just as bad.

22 hours ago, David W said:

Rafa Benitez rumoured to be joining Everton tonight. He loves making some bizarre career choices.

Benitez still lives on the Wirral with his family. Everton paid Ancelotti a huge wage and Rafa will get a big deal too.

it's a logical, not bizarre, choice for Benitez but a lot of Everton fans still hate him.

So they could yet end up with Nuno Espirito Santo. Even more dosh for Mendes and clients!

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The comparison with Celtic's shambles is spot on. Gattuso would be a terrible appointment, as bad a Pirlo who was also linked with the job.

Everton are just as bad.

 

I've no idea what is going on. An approach of publicly courting managers and then failing to get them is just bizarre.

Whoever gets it knows they're 5th or 6th choice at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've no idea what is going on. An approach of publicly courting managers and then failing to get them is just bizarre.

Whoever gets it knows they're 5th or 6th choice at this point.

The main problems in managerial appointments are agents' financial demands for their clients and themselves.  They now want to be involved in recruitment, e.g. Mendes, and get more huge commissions.

Mendes tried hard (and failed) to get the Spurs job for Nuno Espirito Santo. He then got another client, Paulo Fonseca, in for the Spurs. but hat deal collapsed .

Mendes did not get his way at Fiorentina so Gattuso walked  out of that job. He  has now  got Gattuso in for the Spurs job. Jose Mourinho was a Mendes client for many years.

It's  crazy!

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The main problems in managerial appointments are agents' financial demands for their clients and themselves.  They now want to be involved in recruitment, e.g. Mendes, and get more huge commissions.

Mendes tried hard (and failed) to get the Spurs job for Nuno Espirito Santo. He then got another client, Paulo Fonseca, in for the Spurs. but hat deal collapsed .

Mendes did not get his way at Fiorentina so Gattuso walked  out of that job. He  has now  got Gattuso in for the Spurs job. Jose Mourinho was a Mendes client for many years.

It's  crazy!

Didn't realise he was involved with all 4 of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently they'd have to pay a massive fee for Fonseca to join them straight away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Spurs should learn from how much Wolves  wasted on Mendes's clients.

Which clients? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...