EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You can argue that it should be a red morally, but the refs can only judge it on the actual laws of the game.

If Leicester want a grievance then that handball from Kane in the build up to the third is a bigger one. Whether it was immediately before the goal doesn't matter when it's deliberate, which I think it was.

Think there's certainly an argument that a 3 on 1 is a clear goalscoring opportunity although I accept that's not how the rule is generally interpreted. Think given they've got the world's best diver Leicester can't have too many complaints. Surprised more strikers haven't honed their technique as Vardy has.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Absolutely, but wonder if he’s been picking his games for Spurs? 🤔

No idea, he's clearly their best player so fitness permitting he should play every game.  I reckon Spurs will try and sign him now. I think he's done at Real.

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

No idea, he's clearly their best player so fitness permitting he should play every game.  I reckon Spurs will try and sign him now. I think he's done at Real.

Harry Kane finished the leagues top scorer and top for assists so he is clearly their best player (although now probably away to leave). Son is Spurs second best player as the stats prove. Bale has been a flop for Spurs this season. Before yesterday he has been nowhere to be seen in the tougher games and has only scored a few against diddy teams. For the wages he demands, it would be a big gamble for Spurs to sign him. He is well past his best.

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hard one to predict. If Kane leaves then I can see the money being used to try sign Bale, but if Kane goes will Bale want to sign? I’m also not convinced Bale himself is arsed with coming back to Spurs. He seems to love living in Spain and wouldn’t blame him if he wanted to see out that big fat contract. IMO he has something to offer Real Madrid but depends on whether they want him back given they’ve already tried to get shot of him. Hazard hasn’t really panned out the way Real Madrid would’ve hoped though. 

Edited by 8MileBU

A really imaginative appointment from Levy if it happens.

When Pochettino went to PSG I saw someone predict that he'd be Spurs' next manager after Mourinho (although not this quickly) which I thought seemed a bit daft. That person is either v smart or Levy's v predictable.

I a assume that they think/hope that Pochettino returning might be enough to tempt Kane into staying.

Either that or they hope bringing back a manager who was loved by Spurs fans might stop the protests about the board and Levy.

On 27/05/2021 at 11:48, accies1874 said:

A really imaginative appointment from Levy if it happens.

When Pochettino went to PSG I saw someone predict that he'd be Spurs' next manager after Mourinho (although not this quickly) which I thought seemed a bit daft. That person is either v smart or Levy's v predictable.

Will Levy be willing to cough up many millions to get Pochettino back? not sure about that.

It could depend on who else is willing to take on a rebuilding job , probably with limited funds, at Spurs.