EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

2 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

This ref gives off strong Douglas Ross energy 

Strong vibes of a guy who doesnt cross the road incase he gets done for jaywalking.

I get that some times the lawmakers make stupid rules. But the interpretation of those laws is criminal and making football really hard to watch. No common sense. Never give players benefit of the doubt. All a load of bollocks that is seriously making me consider chucking it.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Strong vibes of a guy who doesnt cross the road incase he gets done for jaywalking.

I get that some times the lawmakers make stupid rules. But the interpretation of those laws is criminal and making football really hard to watch. No common sense. Never give players benefit of the doubt. All a load of bollocks that is seriously making me consider chucking it.

I think the problem Is VAR means everything is so scrutinised and seen in minute detail that they probably feel they have to apply the laws exactly or it’ll be obvious where they try to use common sense but don’t apply the rules. I expect that would cause complaints as well.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

I think the problem Is VAR means everything is so scrutinised and seen in minute detail that they probably feel they have to apply the laws exactly or it’ll be obvious where they try to use common sense but don’t apply the rules. I expect that would cause complaints as well.

VAR is lterally just a guy watching a replay though. So its still down to the referee and their interpretation. 

How anyone could flag that as a clear and obvious error/sending off is genuinely beyond me.

We're at the stage kicking the ball is now endangering an opponent. If thats a sending off, every single clash of heads should see someone sent off.

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:
2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:
Deserved red. He’s left his foot in there.

What was he supposed to do with his foot? Kicks the ball and slips and catches the player. No intent, no dangerous play. Worst decision since the Hutton free kick against Italy.

Looks pretty clear to me from this angle.

6C4CA8BB-29C2-437F-9775-9A1BA37DA2AF.jpeg

I can understand if the referee sees it and gives a red card initially. For two officials to look at that on replays and give a red is just standard EPL refereeing; completely nonsensical.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Looks pretty clear to me from this angle.

6C4CA8BB-29C2-437F-9775-9A1BA37DA2AF.jpeg

Youve taken a still imagine of something that happened at speed. If it was Chilwell who had the ball here, youd have a point. But it wasnt. So well done, you're as moronic as the refs in that game.

The motion of Balbuena's foot is literally just kicking through the ball. Not helped by the fact his left foot slips at the same time he kicks it. Its just a coming together, its not even a foul.

If anything (and I dont believe this to be true), Chilwell gets in the way of Balbuena's kicking motion, which could be a foul to West Ham.

Honestly  if anyone thinks thats a foul, let alone a sending off, away and watch netball or snooker or something.

Loving the "bUt ThE bAlL wEnT bAcKwArDs" meltdowns on Twitter over the Brighton non-goal.

There's something particularly satisfying about people who literally don't know the rules saying that the referees don't know the rules.