Mr. Alli

EPL 20/21

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Burnley a goal up early on v Newcastle, who were hoping for a penalty through a VAR review, it was the sort of challenge with a foot at head height that would be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch. Surprised it wasn't given tbh.

I know a still picture makes it look worse and Tarkowski clearly played it first, but if that's on the halfway line the ref gives a foul imo.20210411_124553.jpg

I played on Glasgow Green on Sundays.  His heid was low ref.

13 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Will be interesting to see if Lingard can really kick on his career after the loan.

He's been a great loan signing for West Ham.

33 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Will be interesting to see if Lingard can really kick on his career after the loan.

I would hazard a guess that if he stays at Manchester United he'll get nowhere. 

This loan move must show him that he needs to get away from there and get regular game time. 

The annual Brenny Spring time collapse is here. 

Not finishing top 4 this season or last after the position they had themselves in is shocking. 
You just know that Chelsea and Liverpool will squeeze themselves in there. I have no affiliation with Leicester but they still drive me nuts.

1 hour ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

That'll be Fulham all but relegated then. 

Maybe, but I think not quite.

Newcastle's run-in is: West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Man City, Sheff U, then the Fulham game.

Fulham play Arsenal, Chelsea, Burnley, Southampton, Man United, then Newcastle.

If Newcastle beat Sheffield United, then I think that's it. But it's feasible they don't pick up any more points. In that scenario, Fulham need one win before the last day to have a chance.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Burnley a goal up early on v Newcastle, who were hoping for a penalty through a VAR review, it was the sort of challenge with a foot at head height that would be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch. Surprised it wasn't given tbh.

I know a still picture makes it look worse and Tarkowski clearly played it first, but if that's on the halfway line the ref gives a foul imo.20210411_124553.jpg

If we want footballers to be able to remember their children's names in their 50s then this sort of thing can't be allowed. You can't put your foot above chest height when there's an opponent close enough to challenge. That has to be a foul and a card.

Edited by GordonS

Fight back is on. 

King Kelechi with s foot like a traction engine...

56 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

The annual Brenny Spring time collapse is here. 

Not finishing top 4 this season or last after the position they had themselves in is shocking. 

FWIW, there's not been a general fall-off in Leicester's results this spring. Assuming they don't turn it round this will be their 9th loss of the season, with the first 5 of those being in their opening 13 matches. They lost 3-0 at home to West Ham in October. Since the start of March they have 7 points from 5 games, with the two defeats being today and last week against Man City. This'll be the third time they have back-to-back defeats, having done that twice in their opening 2 games.

They might still have a spring collapse but it's not happened yet. 

Edited by GordonS

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

FWIW, there's not been a general fall-off in Leicester's results this spring. Assuming they don't turn it round this will be their 9th loss of the season, with the first 5 of those being in their opening 13 matches. They lost 3-0 at home to West Ham in October. Since the start of March they have 7 points from 5 games, with the two defeats being today and last week against Man City. This'll be the third time the halve back-to-back defeats, having done that twice in their opening 2 games.

They might still have a spring collapse but it's not happened yet. 

West Brom, Southampton, Palace, Newcastle coming next. I think they'll be fine in terms of avoiding a collapse.

Hammers gonna shit the bed again? 👀👀👀

14 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

West Brom, Southampton, Palace, Newcastle coming next. I think they'll be fine in terms of avoiding a collapse.

I'm not even sure there was a spring collapse last season. They only took 9 points from their 9 games after the resumption of the league, but they only took 8 from 8 games before the break, and 15 from 13 (though that includes defeats to Man City and Liverpool).

Maybe fairer to say they're strong starters than weak finishers?

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I'm not even sure there was a spring collapse last season. They only took 9 points from their 9 games after the resumption of the league, but they only took 8 from 8 games before the break, and 15 from 13 (though that includes defeats to Man City and Liverpool).

Maybe fairer to say they're strong starters than weak finishers?

I can't remember the details, but I have a memory of the time that they had a few injuries.

Part of the problem is that there simply always MUST be a narrative. The Leicester narrative becomes Spring Collapse.

We've seen it at various points this season. Spurs were the best team in the world a few months ago and Man City were shite with Pep finished. Now Spurs are shite, Jose is finished, this City team is Pep's greatest work etc. Man United have been amazing and shite at different parts of the season. Fulham have been a laughing stock and brave heroes.

It comes from the media and the need for clicks and constant attention, but I wish people would just take a slightly wider view. Amazing how many times this season I've heard on radio or podcasts very definitive statements about a season that isn't finished yet.

Edited by TheJTS98

I find that Leicester don't seem to do as well when playing a back three instead of a four. Also, Maddison is a huge miss in the final third if the pitch. Having said that, still over achieving as other bigger name clubs have been less consistent.

28 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Hammers gonna shit the bed again? 👀👀👀

Shifting themselves to 4th in the league currently ...

Some job Moyes has done 

This is an incredibly dull game of football. There's just nobody willing to try something risky or out of their comfort zone.