EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Surely VAR should favour the attacker if it's a distance that's virtually impossible to gauge at speed with the human eye?

Shambolic how they seem to decide one thing one game, the other the next and christ knows if they change the rules again.

5 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It’s really shit. I’m glad Scottish football hasn’t bothered with it so far.

It will introduce it within five seasons either through choice* or by being forced into it by UEFA. Mark my words.

*Not the fans' choice, of course, but when have we ever been listened to?

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I put this in the unpopular opinions thread because I imagine it will be unpopular, but I'd just bin offside tbh.

I’d totally agree with that. 

There doesn't seem to be many questionable VAR calls in any other of the top leagues, but it feels like there's at least 1 per game in England. :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

There doesn't seem to be questionable VAR calls in any other of the top leagues, but it feels like there's at least 1 per game in England. :lol:

There was one in a Marseille game the other day.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

There was one in a Marseille game the other day.

Meant to say not many in other leagues. Getting ridiculous in England though. The perfect inconsistency example is Hudson-Odois handball in Chelsea v Man U not being penalised but Lemina getting penalised for his "handball" in the Fulham game earlier. 

Werners arm supposedly offside for that goal because he pointed to where he wanted the ball played :lol:  Although now by looking at the above posters photo that doesn't even seem to be the case either. 

Edited by C. Muir

Even super fanboy Gary Neville is finally conceding that they're boring to watch.  You could say that for 95% of the teams, Gal.

To be fair to Neville him saying they aren’t a good watch and have been generally poor isn’t anything new. He’s clearly a huge fan but I don’t think it’s the case that he doesn’t criticise them.

29 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

His arm doesn't even look offside. It's shocking especially since they don't have an exact time the ball is kicked. There has to be some margin like umpires call in cricket. 20210304_204920.jpeg

WTF

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

To be fair to Neville him saying they aren’t a good watch and have been generally poor isn’t anything new. He’s clearly a huge fan but I don’t think it’s the case that he doesn’t criticise them.

I think Neville the pundit is brilliant.

On co-commentary he doesn't have time to let things stew and hide his bias.

35 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

His arm doesn't even look offside. It's shocking especially since they don't have an exact time the ball is kicked. There has to be some margin like umpires call in cricket. 20210304_204920.jpeg

Even when they showed the lines and angle they looked at it didn’t look offside. 

The "offside" is a shocking decision. As with offside decisions nearly every week. It has absoutely got worse eith VAR.

For me, if the offside call requires the VAR to put those daft wee lines up from the ground, its too close to call, so they should give the benefit to the attacking team. I dont think many people would complain with that.

This Liverpool side are naive beyond belief. Constantly getting caught in behind yet still bombing both full backs forward and playing a high line.

Have they not noticed they dont have proper centre backs or any natural defensive cover in midfield?

Firmino is also a man down when things arent going right. Rarely seen a striker look less interested in getting into the box. Its like when you play 5s with only 9 folk and one goes the floater but isnt allowed to score.

Stubbornly sticking to this way of playing looks like costing them top 4, never mind their title.

Even when they showed the lines and angle they looked at it didn’t look offside. 
Do we see the same pictures at the same time as the VAR official? They seemed very quick, and very imprecise. Not much zooming in or changing of angles going on.... Just the application of a line which based on the picture itself, was about the thickness of a thigh [emoji23]

They are making a decision under the premise of millimetres, but actually being as rough as f**k in arriving at it