Mr. Alli

EPL 20/21

On 27/02/2021 at 18:08, accies1874 said:

I had no idea that was the rule.

One of the few laws that don't seem to have been changed since I started going. Also "scoring" from an indirect free kick isn't allowed either. So, yes, I know you can't pap a rebounded off the woodwork penalty into the net if no one else has touched it.

On 27/02/2021 at 18:30, Ro Sham Bo said:

I had the Brighton game on with no sound in the background while watching the Rovers game earlier. 

The whole thing looked an absolute shambles and seemed to go :

No goal, Goal, No goal. This must have taken at least 5 minutes but somehow there was only 4 minutes added on at the end of the half. 

Didn't realise they couldn't understand the foul after Welbeck's penalty. Really poor. 

I'm starting to think Brighton will never score again.

Who do they think they are - Aberdeen?

I wasnt aware of the rule for penalties but, when you think of it, it is pretty obvious and you feel daft for not knowing it

Another honking super sunday.

Not surprised to see clips of Keane and Redknapp 'going at it'. Amazing marketing ploy, you have to give it to SKY. Serve up over rated dross every week and when the game fails to live up to expectation, hype the hell out of a 'fight' between 2 pundits.

Luke Shaw doesn’t come across as the brightest guy I’ve ever seen. Watched his interview from after the game yesterday and thought to myself at the time that he was talking a lot of nonsense. He was trying to make some point about why did the VAR ask the referee to stop the game if he wasn’t going to give a penalty...I still have no clue what he was going on about tbh, not surprised to read today that he ‘misheard’. 

With the recent pile-on of English referees and the death threats Mike Dean received, doesn’t look great to be out after the game accusing the referee of saying certain things that have now turned out to be untrue. I’m sure with no fans being at the game the pitch side microphones would have picked up what Attwell said, the fact Sky Sports News haven’t made a big story out of it makes me think Attwell didn’t say anything like what Shaw accused him of. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Another honking super sunday.

Not surprised to see clips of Keane and Redknapp 'going at it'. Amazing marketing ploy, you have to give it to SKY. Serve up over rated dross every week and when the game fails to live up to expectation, hype the hell out of a 'fight' between 2 pundits.

I just watched a wee clip of this. I had to put it off when Keane claimed Man United, a team who's central defence includes Maguire and Lindelof, wouldnt take Toby Alderweireld.

Obvious troll is obvious.

How did Southampton get to be so bad? 

21 hours ago, Aufc said:

I wasnt aware of the rule for penalties but, when you think of it, it is pretty obvious and you feel daft for not knowing it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/23/which-players-and-referees-have-been-confused-by-penalty-rebounds

I always remember the Sheringham one but had no idea about the Peter Reid one in 1991.

To be fair, it would be human nature to stick the laces through the ball if it bounced back to you off the woodwork

The offside rule really is a bit mental
Its bollocks. For the level of precision they are attempting to go to, ie claiming to take it to the sleeve of the shirt or the big toe or whatever, those pictures are nowhere near precise enough.

30 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The offside rule really is a bit mental

It’s stupid to have it to such fine margins. A players foot being slightly ahead of an opposition players is really no advantage/disadvantage at all. It’s ridiculous.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

VAR is bollocks. Can’t even celebrate a goal anymore.

The flag was up. Without VAR it wouldn’t have been a goal. 

The flag was up. Without VAR it wouldn’t have been a goal. 

I’d still prefer that for borderline decisions than this tape measurement bullshit.

4-1 scoreline reflected Man City's dominance of possession.......but Wolves probably thought it was a tad harsh. 

Don’t think should have been a red in the Sheffield United game. No need for that to go to VAR