EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

A Man United fan was plugging his podcast on Twitter and said that Alex Ferguson was essentially 2 points away from securing 9 in a row as they were 1 point behind Blackburn in 94/95 & 1 point behind Arsenal in 97/98. Not sure I approve of his logic 100%, but I never fully realised just how good Man United had it:

Even in 11/12, it was settled by a 95th minute goal. Madness how people then come along every few year and say a certain manager is better now ala Mourinho or Pep.

Someone on here claimed it was actually his assistants 🤣

A Man United fan was plugging his podcast on Twitter and said that Alex Ferguson was essentially 2 points away from securing 9 in a row as they were 1 point behind Blackburn in 94/95 & 1 point behind Arsenal in 97/98. Not sure I approve of his logic 100%, but I never fully realised just how good Man United had it:
EvF2rmaXUAQdtw-?format=jpg%26name=small&key=743ba5acaefab90052cc4e858f91e9fe1c77933a6dc3834933758f1349ef4e3e
Even in 11/12, it was settled by a 95th minute goal. Madness how people then come along every few year and say a certain manager is better now ala Mourinho or Pep.

Arsenal won the league with a couple of games to spare in 1997/98 and then lost their last two games, which makes it seem closer than it was.

55 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

@Jacksgranda you remember this incident at all?  Sad story as it seems the goalie was Scottish and the dog attack ended his career?

I do, aye, but it was only very much later that it became apparent how severe the injury was. It wasn't a huge story in Scotland as I recall, despite him being Scottish, but I'm open to correction on that.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I do, aye, but it was only very much later that it became apparent how severe the injury was. It wasn't a huge story in Scotland as I recall, despite him being Scottish, but I'm open to correction on that.

Any idea what, exactly, the injury was?

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

De Bruyne having a stinker then does that. I don't want him to ever retire.

He's unreal. Imagine playing against that midfield? I'd just wave the white flag.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I enjoyed McLean and McTominay going up against him.

West Ham deserve that. They've done better against City than anyone I've seen recently.

*bagpipes start*