Mr. Alli

EPL 20/21

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I know this means one of them is about to ping one in from 30 yards, but that Liverpool squad is full of jobbers.

Outwith their strongest, usual 11, they’re so weak. They young players Klopp keeps picking are laughably shite.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The guys who've won everything all say it - it's hard to win a league, it's a lot harder to retain it.

Aye, Liverpool have quite big problems now.

Their style of football is great but has a very short shelf-life. It depends on the front three expending a lot of energy in pressing and the fullbacks getting up and down all day and delivering a lot of quality.

They've all played so much football the last few years at such an intensity a lot of them have just lost their edge a bit now, and the front three isn't functioning like it was, TAA is struggling (played so many games so young) too. Robertson is actually holding up okay.

This is why Ferguson said the hardest thing to do in management is to rebuild a team whilst maintaining a level of success. This is the stage Klopp is entering now. Salah might leave, looks half interested now, Mane might want to go, Firmino has stopped scoring. He has big problems, and now you will see how good he really is.

Fraudinho is lucky he has never lasted long enough in a job to get to this stage or he would be exposed for the fraud he is.

Andy Robertson has not been good tonight, and Trent Alexander-Arnold has been utterly appalling.

What a fantastic keeper Nick Pope is, by the way.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I am actually laughing at you now.

I'd say the big difference between those two is Mings does exactly what he intended to do. There's absolutely no way that defender did in the Italian game. Although I have no idea if that plays a part. If it doesn't, they got it wrong.

No but it looked on as soon as it became obvious they werent scared to stand up to Liverpool

Burnley were not the team I thought would end Liverpool's 68 game unbeaten home run.

Teams have figured out how to play Liverpool. Sit in and they are hopeless and won't score.

Not sure what's happened and perhaps it's a consequence of the same XI playing all the time but the team just doesn't look as quick or energetic as it once did. Too many players badly out of form and the replacements just aren't up to standard 

Jota is huge miss. 

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The guys who've won everything all say it - it's hard to win a league, it's a lot harder to retain it.

Especially when you're not being given dubious decision after decision. 

Terrific to see Flopp flapping. Here's hoping the wheels continue to come off this particular bus. 

Gaun yersel Burnley. Get it right up those c***s. Down to 6tg if Spurs and Everton win their games in hand

Teams have figured out how to play Liverpool. Sit in and they are hopeless and won't score.
Not sure what's happened and perhaps it's a consequence of the same XI playing all the time but the team just doesn't look as quick or energetic as it once did. Too many players badly out of form and the replacements just aren't up to standard 
Jota is huge miss. 
They've no depth outside their first eleven.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Especially when you're not being given dubious decision after decision. 

Terrific to see Flopp flapping. Here's hoping the wheels continue to come off this particular bus. 

He annoys me, all cheepy chappy everyone's friend when they're winning but instantly turns into a total arsepiece as soon as they struggle. 

For me Guardiola is still the best manager in the world and proving it now as they cruise to another title.

5 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Andy Robertson has not been good tonight, and Trent Alexander-Arnold has been utterly appalling.

Andy Robertson was perfectly fine.   A mile ahead of Mane, Salah and the superstars.  

In the first half of the season they've lost to Burnley, Southampton and 7-2 at Villa; and drawn with Brighton, Fulham, West Brom and Newcastle, as well as Everton, Man Utd and Man City.

At the halfway point with 34 points - at this stage last season they had 55 points, the season before they had 51. 

They're possibly one more nail in the coffin from buried.

Excellent result, love to see Liverpool losing.

eta - mainly because it’s funny to see the likes of Carragher trying to be fair and magnanimous whilst almost weeping.

Edited by Jambomo

Just now, Erih Shtrep said:

Andy Robertson was perfectly fine.   A mile ahead of Mane, Salah and the superstars.  

IMO he's been their best player this season. I don't think it's a coincidence that the guys showing the most fight at two big, troubled sides this season - Liverpool and Arsenal - are Scottish. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 minutes ago, Michael W said:
Jota is huge miss. 

I can't totally agree with that, they have good depth in midfield and decent up front (though that's a helluva front three to replace), but they were pushing their luck at centre half.

They've been a bit unlucky with injuries, to lose three centre halves, but I don't think that's been the difference this season. There's less dynamism in the team generally and less sparkle up front. I think it's mostly the very marginal loss of hunger that follows winning the league, plus a dip in form among all three up front and they maybe miss the fans more than most sides.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 minutes ago, Michael W said:
Jota is huge miss. 

The first XI is currently missing Dioga Jota and Virgil Van Dijk. The latter isn't to blame for the team's insipid attack. 

Players that previously could be relied upon aren't making the grade presently - teams have managed to nullify them. Lack of depth I agree is an issue, but the team as is has delivered in the past and isn't injury-ravaged. 

Ironically, Liverpool were fine earlier in the season when half the team was actually injured.