EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Wolves retaining Raul Jimenez is probably as good a bit of business as any team will do.... Seen him linked with Utd earlier but quiet since. How is there not teams clamouring to get this guy?
His age probably. He's absolutely class though.

I went to bed once Zouma scored but Brighton impressed me more than Chelsea tbh. They put together some really nice passages of play and, as has been said, Lamptey looked great, although they didn't pose a massive goal threat which was an issue for them last season too.

I was a bit disappointed in Chelsea. I don’t know if it’s because I expected more given the quality of their new players but I thought they would play better football than they did.

in fairness they did score three and it’s the first game in so plenty of time for all of that to improve. 

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a relegation clause, and expect he would be off if we went down. This pretty much guarantees that he won't be leaving this transfer window, though. The ambition of the club is not to spend many more seasons flirting with relegation. They've certainly put their money where their mouth is so far, so hopefully we will keep improving.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

A lot of Villa fans on Twitter scared he's about to 'do a Delph'. 

Delph had six months left on his contract, so we basically had to let him dictate his terms. We agreed to a ludicrously low release clause because it was either that or lose him for nothing.

Grealish had three years remaining, anyway. No chance will he be leaving this transfer window unless someone comes in with an insane offer.