EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

2 hours ago, ScottMc77 said:

Mourinho is now a footballing dinosaur. Was brilliant for Chelsea when he first came to England.

Not so much I can say that I like about him now, and he is now over-hyped.

Pochettino or Klopp over Mourinho every time.

Aye if you look at the top managers they build something.  Klopp at Liverpool a good example, also Guardiola at City.  Mourinho destroys stuff, he's never built anything.

Another one of Alex Ferguson's golden rules of management is 'never criticise your players in public'. Which we all know he never did, he went through them in private but in public he backed them to the hilt.

Mourinho is the complete opposite, he's always singling out his players and blaming them for his failings. Its one of the reasons imo it always falls apart for him, cause it leads to a poisonous atmosphere in the dressing room.

He practices divide and rule and picks a player to ostracise to establish his dominance in the dressing room. This inevitably leads to him treating a player appallingly, his treatment of Casillas at Madrid was disgusting. It looks like he's maybe picked Dele Alli at Spurs.

Even look at what Ancelotti is doing at Everton. He's a top drawer manager, better than Mourinho, and look at the impact he's having there in a short period of time and doing it playing bold, brave attacking football that is easy on the eye. Mourinho couldn't do that.

Mourinho is actually best suited to managing a team fighting relegation, that's his style. He'll never be one of football's greats and its clearly one of the reasons he's so angry and hostile.  He's bad for the game and bad for whatever club he's at.  I was amazed Spurs made such a regressive appointment after Poch.

Edited by Carnoustie Young Guvnor

Also the perfect example of how bad a manager he is and how he has a negative affect on teams and players is Marcus Rashford.  And whats his name the French striker they have.  Martial.

Mourinho, as he always does as he did with Hazard too, attempted to turn them into auxiliary fullbacks. They played right out on the touchline, their job was to cover outside the fullbacks, and their primary responsibility was defensive.

Btw Mourinho's teams play six at the back, don't ever let anyone tell you different, when they lose the ball its six across the back, narrow back four with the wide midfielders covering outside them.  Tweaked it slightly at Spurs with midfielders dropping in between CB and FB.

Look at Rashford and Martial under him, completely ruined them, if he stayed much longer maybe permanently.  They stopped scoring goals and were clearly hating their football. Martial was talking about leaving.  As soon as he leaves they flourish again and become the top drawer players they were starting to look like under Van Gaal.

He is not a footballing genius, he's a good manager who does a good job in a very particular way for a short period of time as it inevitably has a short shelf life.  Thoroughly found out by modern football.

It's a bit disrespectful to Arsenal to be discussing other clubs when their game is less than 90 mins from kick off.   

A win tonight and Arsenal are only 7 points off the (proper) top of the table.    This is happening folks.    I hope many of you punted at 750/1 only a few short weeks ago.   Once we win tonight we'll be best price about 80/1, the form team in England and with Partey back in contention any doubting Thomas' will start eating their words that the title challenge is ON!   

Spoiler

Oh and visit Rwanda 

Spoiler

for 

Spoiler

your 

Spoiler

next 

Spoiler

holiday

2 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Jesus, this fucking league. Oh well, Liverpool v Man U on Sunday. I'll give it a go because it's 2 half decent teams but fully expecting another turgid 0-0.

Absolute torture eh.  La Liga reams it every time.  I really just watch the big games in England, will watch on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Absolute torture eh.  La Liga reams it every time.  I really just watch the big games in England, will watch on Sunday.

Yes, the Barclays only has 3 teams in the Champions League last 16, if only another League could equal La Liga's 4 teams at that stage this year.

Just now, Perkin Flump said:

Yes, the Barclays only has 3 teams in the Champions League last 16, if only another League could equal La Liga's 4 teams at that stage this year.

See in terms of the actual quality of the teams, I've always maintained there's very little in it between the top clubs in different countries.  Next year or last it could be England with four, so I don't read much into that.  

I just mean in terms of how good it is to watch, but that's obviously subjective. Imo nothing comes close to Spanish football. 

6 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

See in terms of the actual quality of the teams, I've always maintained there's very little in it between the top clubs in different countries.  Next year or last it could be England with four, so I don't read much into that.  

I just mean in terms of how good it is to watch, but that's obviously subjective. Imo nothing comes close to Spanish football. 

Yes, but given the Bundesliga is taking up four of those slots, do you agree that it is a league with strength in depth & overall quality?

9 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Yes, but given the Bundesliga is taking up four of those slots, do you agree that it is a league with strength in depth & overall quality?

No I'm not a big fan of the Bundesliga, I think its of a lower standard than the other top leagues, France is too. I don't think they should really have four slots.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

No I'm not a big fan of the Bundesliga, I think its of a lower standard than the other top leagues, France is too. I don't think they should really have four slots.

Nonetheless their 4 entrants have qualified for the round of 16 in the Champions League.