EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I think Keane actually enjoys himself more when Richards is there too

I think so, he likes his panto villain/ miserable b*****d persona and he knows Richards’ cheeriness makes him look even worse, so he enjoys it even more. 

Edited by Jambomo

Just reflecting on Tierney’s performance yesterday. I’ve seen plenty of Liverpool games so have seen how good Andy Robertson is with them. I’ve seen little of Arsenal but decided to watch their last couple of games. Tierney was magnificent in both and yesterday in particular he ran riot going forward. His goal was sublime but his all round play was superb. Ok, it was only WBA some may say, but it’s still a huge step up from Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell, etc.. (sorry, no offence to them), but he’s shown he is easily good enough and, from what I’ve read, Arsenal fans rave about him. 
It’s a little unfortunate that perhaps the best two left backs in the English premier league are Scottish in terms of how we can accommodate both in the Scotland team, but brilliant that we can still produce quality players. 
incidentally, in the albeit small number of Arsenal games I’ve seen, Tierney looks to me like a better all round player than Andy Robertson. 

5 minutes ago, sydney said:

Just reflecting on Tierney’s performance yesterday. I’ve seen plenty of Liverpool games so have seen how good Andy Robertson is with them. I’ve seen little of Arsenal but decided to watch their last couple of games. Tierney was magnificent in both and yesterday in particular he ran riot going forward. His goal was sublime but his all round play was superb. Ok, it was only WBA some may say, but it’s still a huge step up from Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell, etc.. (sorry, no offence to them), but he’s shown he is easily good enough and, from what I’ve read, Arsenal fans rave about him. 
It’s a little unfortunate that perhaps the best two left backs in the English premier league are Scottish in terms of how we can accommodate both in the Scotland team, but brilliant that we can still produce quality players. 
incidentally, in the albeit small number of Arsenal games I’ve seen, Tierney looks to me like a better all round player than Andy Robertson. 

Arsenal's  next captain, i told Arsenal pals he'd end up better than Robertson, i think he already is, but if he isnt, he's well on his way, i also told a few Man United fans he'd be great for them, but i got ''he's not united class mate. Shaw and Williams are better and he's injury prone''

8 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

Arsenal's  next captain, i told Arsenal pals he'd end up better than Robertson, i think he already is, but if he isnt, he's well on his way, i also told a few Man United fans he'd be great for them, but i got ''he's not united class mate. Shaw and Williams are better and he's injury prone''

Typically small minded attitude I think. He had one injury which he took some time to recover from. That’s not “injury prone”. From the games I’ve seen, Luke Shaw looks like a jobber of a defender. He’ll end up playing for the likes of Burnley, then Barnsley, Blackpool and Bolton. 

4 minutes ago, sydney said:

Typically small minded attitude I think. He had one injury which he took some time to recover from. That’s not “injury prone”. From the games I’ve seen, Luke Shaw looks like a jobber of a defender. He’ll end up playing for the likes of Burnley, then Barnsley, Blackpool and Bolton. 

nah, Shaw in with the bricks at United,  no other team could afford his wages, thats why the can't get rid of Jones & Rojo and they had to pay a chunk of Sanchez's wages when he was on loan

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

4 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

nah, Shaw in with the bricks at United,  no other team could afford his wages, thats why the can't get rid of Jones & Rojo and they had to pay a chunk of Sanchez's wages when he was on loan

Aye, but let’s see where he goes when his contract runs out. It’ll not be an equivalent of bigger club, that’s for sure. 

Guest TheJTS98

I'm an as-casual-as-casual-can-be Premier League watcher. Don't have a team, don't care who wins, just watch it to be sociable since most of my friends like it.

In a normal season I listen to a podcast or two every week while cooking etc and watch the odd game at home while keeping most of my viewing for the pub. This season it just feels impossible to get into since it's on all the time. I'm increasingly not listening to the podcasts since the frequency of games often means not listening the day a podcast is released means listening to previews of games you know the scores of.

And because the games are on all the time the table is constantly moving around. I've completely lost track of whether Everton are still the best team in the world, the worst team in the world, or are back to being the best team in the world. Can't keep up.

It's weird because I love the A-League, which is always staggered. Maybe just the number of teams involved, but this season's Premier League is proving to be beyond my attention span.

Watching the highlights on MotD2 - how on earth is Bruno Fernandes getting away with that penalty technique?

It's clearly a double movement.

I've watched it back and I'm not really sure what you mean here. A stutter step in the run up is entirely legal.