EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Burnley were dreadful in the first half. They are 5 points adrift of 16th can only survive because the bottom 3 are even worse.

I wouldn't blame Sean Dyche for their league position because the board failed to support him in the summer transfer window.

The current squad is weaker than last season's. It's going to be a long and difficult season if new faces don't arrive in January.

We are at the stage now where if the VAR absolutely has to stay then we may as well get rid of the onfield officials and referee the match remotely. The amount of overturned decisions and often dubious ones at that, is starting to become ridiculous. 

Another ridiculous VAR decision rules out a 6th City goal. 

It's hard to see how the VAR using a camera in the stands can decide that a player is offside when the margin is only an inch or so.

The player could be onside at the precise hundredth of a second when the boot makes contact with the ball.

IMO, the player is level and onside. It was the same with Salah's disallowed goal at Brighton.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

45 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Burnley were dreadful in the first half. They are 5 points adrift of 16th can only survive because the bottom 3 are even worse.

I wouldn't blame Sean Dyche for their league position because the board failed to support him in the summer transfer window.

The current squad is weaker than last season's. It's going to be a long and difficult season if new faces don't arrive in January.

If Burnley go down, Dyche won't suffer any reputation loss, a lot of clubs could use a manager like him.  Celtic for one

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

If Burnley go down, Dyche won't suffer any reputation loss, a lot of clubs could use a manager like him.  Celtic for one

The press have reported that Palace have identified Dyche as a possible successor to Hodgson. Roy is out of contract at the end of the season and looks knackered. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

The managerial qualities required to keep  an unfashionable club in the Premier League, may not always transfer well to a job where winning every domestic trophy is a requirement.

People arguing that they actually think that was an obvious penalty or bad defending or anything like that are surely at it? It's a minuscule clip of the foot which has absolutely no material impact on anyone, and if it wasn't for VAR it wouldn't even have been a talking point after the game as a possible penalty appeal. If folk are genuinely happy for that to be part of the game then I really don't know what to say.
I'm genuinely shocked that this decision is viewed as contentious.

I thought at the time (no replay needed) that robertson had been rash, and for me wellbeck is closer to having the ball. He gets his foot in front of Andy, and it's a really careless challenge for me.

I'm normally on the other side, arguing that players have dived, or that there wasn't enough contact. But for me that's a penalty all day long.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Makes a complete c**t of himself. Mask slipping by the week.

Listening to the tone of voice of the 2 of them there, Kelly is the c**t. But yeah, he got his headline.

Edited by Raven

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

Listening to the tone of voice of the 2 of them there, Kelly is the c**t. But yeah, he got his headline.

🤣🤣

Klopp starts with "congratulations" when the injury is mentioned. He then goes on to blame BT despite the fact he wouldn't have half the players in his team if it wasn't for the money BT & Sky give them for broadcasting rights.

They want to have their cake and eat it.

54 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣🤣

Klopp starts with "congratulations" when the injury is mentioned. He then goes on to blame BT despite the fact he wouldn't have half the players in his team if it wasn't for the money BT & Sky give them for broadcasting rights.

I think he's well aware of what the broadcasting money does for them, that doesn't mean he can't have an opinion when it comes to player wellfare. He's warned before about the injuries that would result from the schedules, and argued for things like continuing with 5 subs. Kelly's well aware and still acts like an incredulous toddler.

11 minutes ago, Raven said:

I think he's well aware of what the broadcasting money does for them, that doesn't mean he can't have an opinion when it comes to player wellfare. He's warned before about the injuries that would result from the schedules, and argued for things like continuing with 5 subs. Kelly's well aware and still acts like an incredulous toddler.

So why shouldn't BT choose Liverpool (the champions) for their live games?

Most of the other managers don't agree with 5 subs. That's why they don't have them.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣🤣

Klopp more or less said that the TV companies are out to stop the ten double.

An unhinged mess. Plenty of clubs play Wednesday/Thursday and early Saturday/Sunday.