EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

On 04/06/2021 at 11:08, TheJTS98 said:

Interesting one. We keep hearing that there's so much less money available this summer etc, so it might be harder than normal for players to force this stuff through.

He's probably looking for a huge transfer elsewhere to start a domino effect that gets him out.

Might be a few petted lips come deadline day though.

Palace have released 13 first-team players - Hennessey, Clyne, Kelly, Ward, Dann, Cahill, Sahko, Woods, Van Aanholt, McArthur, McCarthy, Townsend and Wickham. The average is around 30 and remaining squad of around 13/14 players has 6 that are 30 or over.

Hodgson's successor will have a very tough job to build a competitive team.  Even if Palace sell  Zaha and Eze, It's hard to see where the necessary money will come from. A relegation battle looks likely. Who would really want that job? Sam Allardyce?

4 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

Conte's obviously an excellent coach, but it's hilarious that his approach now seems to be 'Give me loads and loads of money'.

Gamesgone, imo.

Exactly. Unless you give me the same amount of money to spend as Man City and Chelsea I am not coming. 

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Being expected to finish top 4 with Harry Winks and Eric Dier is not enough for him? He wants money as well?

Shameful.

Don’t forget Dele Alli, the most overrated midfielder of the last 10 years. 

On 06/06/2021 at 08:21, Mr. Alli said:

Seems a tad overpriced, tbh. He struggled badly in the Prem the last time. 

His "underlying numbers" are apparently insane. A lot of geeks I follow on Twitter have been raving about him all season, claiming he's the best EFL Championship player ever.

9 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Arse linked with RB Leipzig’s American midfielder Tyler Adams.

Not sure why he’d step down from Leipzig to Arsenal. He’ll end up like Partey.

Arsenal seem determined to become a mid-table club.

On 10/06/2021 at 20:31, Brummie Clyde said:

Leicester seem to be doing good business.

They needed a forward, as Vardy may just be fading slightly.

The rumour was that Rodgers wants Edouard and will pay £15 million for him. That has not happened, possibly due to the managerial farce at Porkheid.

I'm not sure that he'd get many starts. Iheanacho was in very good form at the end of last season.

Perez, and possibly Barnes, can also play as a central striker.

Leicester really need a good right-winger. Under was a big disappointment and Albrighton lacks pace.

4 minutes ago, David W said:

Rafa Benitez rumoured to be joining Everton tonight. He loves making some bizarre career choices.

Proof that he'll take literally any job if you pay him enough.

Everton are a complete mess of a club. Yet another appointment based on zero logic, presumably followed by another £150m+ chucked down the drain this Summer.