EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

That list of goalies scoring.... Id have swore blind Schmeichel had scored for Man U and probably more than once.

I'm sure he scored a couple of penalties for his Danish club as he was their designated penalty taker at the time 

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That list of goalies scoring.... Id have swore blind Schmeichel had scored for Man U and probably more than once.

He definitely scored in Europe. Possibly against a Russian team.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

54 minutes ago, David W said:

I haven't seen the list but iirc he scored for Man City in the league, might've been against Villa. edit: Ha! Had a wee wiki, looks like it was *for* Villa, getting mixed up there.

Russian team might have beeeen... Rotor Volgograd or something like that? haven't googled but that rings a bell.

Can mind Paul Robinson scoring from a punt, think 'Murican goalies like Brad Friedel and Tim Howard have scored too.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Scored against (I think Rotor Volvograd) in the Cup Winners Cup - they drew 0-0 away I think then drew 2-2 at home with Schmeichel scoring the equaliser but went out on away goals. Sky had a whole "Man Utd in Europe" intro and everything that they had to hastily change for their next live European game - it changed to "Raith Rovers in Europe" and they showed the home game v Bayern at Easter Road. I think, anyway.

21 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, David W said:

Scored against (I think Rotor Volvograd) in the Cup Winners Cup - they drew 0-0 away I think then drew 2-2 at home with Schmeichel scoring the equaliser but went out on away goals. Sky had a whole "Man Utd in Europe" intro and everything that they had to hastily change for their next live European game - it changed to "Raith Rovers in Europe" and they showed the home game v Bayern at Easter Road. I think, anyway.

Pretty sure that goal also kept up their record at that point of never having lost a European game at OT.

Why would Man City sign Kane when they can just play more Pepball and try to get Haaland for a lower price next summer?

Chocolate legs 'arry is a second-rate option in a turgid transfer market. Man United are the logical option unless Chelsea and Abramovich lose patience with Werner and bring in help. 

Edited by vikingTON

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Not sure about Kane to City, but I could definitely see Man Utd spunking  huge amounts of money on him and giving him a ridiculous contract like they did for Alexis Sanchez

Yeah, Kane to Man U is as obvious a move as is imaginable in the #Barclays