EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

I like that neville is trying to point the fans towards legislation around fan ownership. I'm not an expert but is the German model not very different?

There surely has to be a better way to organise these clubs. Get the billionaire class to f**k.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I like that neville is trying to point the fans towards legislation around fan ownership. I'm not an expert but is the German model not very different?

There surely has to be a better way to organise these clubs. Get the billionaire class to f**k.

50+1 rule where members own 50% of shares + 1 share. It is possible to circumvent however in cases such as clubs owned by companies since their inception like Bayer Leverkusen (Bayer) & VFL Wolfsburg (Volkswagen). RB Leipzig also do some rather interpretive stuff with the rule.

The rule applies to leagues under control of the Deutsche Fußball Liga which is the Bundesliga & 2.Bundesliga. No idea how the rules are in lower tiers.

Edited by GNU_Linux

This is brilliant.  English clubs have brought this on themselves.  Each club drops their trousers at the first hint of investment.  Now these teams are owned by franchise holders and investment groups.  You’re not getting them out.  Ever.  Wave a few flags.  Big deal.  Invade the pitch.  Wow.  They will be shaking at that.

Fans could try and disrupt every game.  There’s every chance they’d actually get permission to play those games abroad in front of thousands of fans.  There’s not going to be legislation.  The government ain’t gonna pay these guys off.

They are stuck with them.  It’s hilarious.

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

50+1 rule where members own 50% of shares + 1 share. It is possible to circumvent however in cases such as clubs owned by companies since their inception like Bayer Leverkusen (Bayer) & VFL Wolfsburg (Volkswagen). RB Leipzig also do some rather interpretive stuff with the rule.

Still, I suspect if they were free to do so the likes of Leipzig and Bayern would have been in that Super League in a blink of an eye. It must work a bit.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Souness now going full Helen Lovejoy. Tremendous

If he didn’t pick up the can of lager and down it in one, he’s lost the right to call himself a Scotsman, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Did Neville just try to suggest that Souness planting the flag in Turkey was some sort of selfless political point?

I think it’s more to point out he’s turned into a spineless arse. Moaning about someone chucking a beer can when he’s done something in the past that could have caused much more trouble.

So Sky are peddling the line that this is acceptable behaviour. They seem torn between the so called fans protesting against the failed super league and Man Utd not challenging for the league. Souness just said that the Glazer’s had spent around a billion net on players! They then go on about The Glazer’s should sell up while wittering on about spending £200 million on Greilish and Kane!
The club should be hammered by the authorities

Funny hearing Souness saying one person’s action (throwing a flare) could have got someone killed. 

This is a guy that planted a Fenerbache flag into the centre circle at Galatasary’s ground after beating them. Clown. 

or was it the other way round? :lol:

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

The rule applies to leagues under control of the Deutsche Fußball Liga which is the Bundesliga & 2.Bundesliga. No idea how the rules are in lower tiers.
That sounds a whole lot better than the epl.
Still, I suspect if they were free to do so the likes of Leipzig and Bayern would have been in that Super League in a blink of an eye. It must work a bit.
I'm pretty sure i read that Bayern rejected it.

There's got to be a better way to do things, and the power of the fans can bring about change if they do it right.

5 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Funny hearing Souness saying one person’s action (throwing a flare) could have got someone killed. 

This is a guy that planted a Fenerbache flag into the centre circle at Galatasary’s ground after beating them. Clown. 

or was it the other way round? :lol:

Other way round.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That sounds a whole lot better than the epl. I'm pretty sure i read that Bayern rejected it.

There's got to be a better way to do things, and the power of the fans can bring about change if they do it right.

They did in the end but that’s what I mean, I suspect that had a lot to do with the fans not wanting it. They were apparently involved in the planning for a good while so they weren’t obviously against it the whole time.

Edited by Jambomo