EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

5 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

That's because he always had good defenders. The current Spurs defence is arguably the worst in the league. They are only where they are in the league because they have very good attackers.

It gives me the boak when Sky constantly refer to Spurs as a big club. They are not. 2 top league titles in 139 years. To put it into perspective, that’s less than Blackburn, Huddersfield or Sheffield Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It gives me the boak when Sky constantly refer to Spurs as a big club. They are not. 2 top league titles in 139 years. To put it into perspective, that’s less than Blackburn, Huddersfield or Sheffield Wednesday.

I think they are a top English club. 26 major trophies. More than most. Also top 4 finishes regularly in the last 10 years or even longer. But the current defence they have are brutal. If they sort that out and keep Kane, Son etc they will be back to top 4.

7 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

I think they are a top English club. 26 major trophies. More than most. Also top 4 finishes regularly in the last 10 years or even longer. But the current defence they have are brutal. If they sort that out and keep Kane, Son etc they will be back to top 4.

You are not seriously classing winning the Charity Shield and 2nd Division as major trophies are you mate ??

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are not seriously classing winning the Charity Shield and 2nd Division as major trophies are you mate ??

Sorry just had a quick look there - so was guessing 20 odd before! . Not far off though. 2 league titles, 8 fa cups, 4 league cups, 3 European trophies. Still more than most clubs. But in recent years pretty bad I agree. That said they have been consistently in the top 4.

58 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think it’s because they’re a London club and they seem to have a lot of friends in the media. I’d have Everton & Villa ahead of them.

1 hour ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Again, 8 point gap after 29 games. 14 point gap after 21 games. It doesn't matter what you see, it happened. They had a collapse and fucked it right up.

This season they've been in the top 4 since the first game of the season. 31 games.  Not finishing there now would be a massive failure.

Again, they can't control what others do so the gap is totally irrelevant. And it's totally a matter of choice to see their final 22 games of the season as an underachievement instead of their opening 16 games as an overachievement.

Despite what people say there hasn't been a dip in Leicester's results this season. They have 7 games to go, they could take 17 points from that and still finish 6th if Liverpool and Chelsea go on winning streaks.

Also, today they were without 3 of their best players at short notice, were away to a team in great form that beat them 3-0 at home in October, and lost by a single goal.

I just don't go with this idea that a team that loses occasionally has fkd everything up.

33 minutes ago, ArabGaz said:

I think it’s because they’re a London club and they seem to have a lot of friends in the media. I’d have Everton & Villa ahead of them.

They used to be, but not any more. Probably because they're in London and so can make more from hospitality and sponsorship, Spurs have been able to leave those two behind financially.

It'll be interesting to see if Everton's new stadium enables them to take a step up.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Pogba's second half performance there was one of the most impressive I have seen from an individual player in the Barclays for a while. 

@RandomGuy. used to post quite a bit years ago how Pogba is unplayable on the left of a three.

Guess where he was second half? 

Credit where its due to Random. 

That's because he always had good defenders. The current Spurs defence is arguably the worst in the league. They are only where they are in the league because they have very good attackers.
Might be a good idea then to try and attack rather than sit back with shit defenders.

Ole Gunnar Solskjear revealing himself to be nearly on par in the parenting stakes as Charlie Mulgrew and Gerry McCann wasn't something I'd expect from the manager of a side who just won a game 3-1. 

Very, very strange comment to make. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

It is a free kick, yes. He's flicked his hand out and caught his opponent with it. He should have been booked for it, too. 

It is a contact sport, you're correct. Where are you drawing the line here? Are we all allowed to go about elbowing people in the face when we jump for headers because "it's a contact sport"? 

Never in a million years is that a free-kick. Its a contact sport, you're allowed to make contact with your opponent. For it to be a foul you have to actually foul them, that's why they call it a foul.

McTominay has beat Son and is moving away from him. If he accidentally makes contact with him is neither here nor there, as he didn't foul him, so it isn't a foul. 

One of the worst decisions I've ever seen and if that's a foul we might as well just stop watching football. Notice in the build-up to the third goal Pogba does exactly the same thing, and nobody even mentioned it cause its farcical to claim a foul for that.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ole Gunnar Solskjear revealing himself to be nearly on par in the parenting stakes as Charlie Mulgrew and Gerry McCann wasn't something I'd expect from the manager of a side who just won a game 3-1. 

Very, very strange comment to make. 

Nah that was all just because English is a second language for the two managers.

He meant 'sent to bed without any supper' that sort of thing. But didn't know the correct phrase, and Moaninho reacted to it to deflect from how shite a manager he is as he always does.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Nah that was all just because English is a second language for the two managers.

He's spent nearly twenty years of his life in England. I'm exceptionally confident he knows there is a difference between saying "no supper" and "my son wouldn't get any food". 

Only thing weirder than Ole's comment is your own meek defence of it and bizarre contorted explanation, tbh. 

wait was... was it not just a joke?

I mean im pretty sure ive heard parents say stuff like "oh i'd belt my son if he ever spoke to me that way" before, i doubt they always all literally mean they're going to inflict corporal punishment on their offspring for their cheek

edit: yeah watched it on the beeb there "and he needs ten other mates to help him up... he's not gonna get food for a few days"  while smiling.

I mean I think he might  be joking rather than outing himself as a monster on a par with josef fritzl tbh

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

They’re not a big club. The top/big 4 was a thing during the 00s and now it’s the big 6 for some reason when it should really be the big 5 with City winning stuff, Spurs have somehow roped themselves in despite only winning one trophy this century.