EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

56 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

The annual Brenny Spring time collapse is here. 

Not finishing top 4 this season or last after the position they had themselves in is shocking. 

FWIW, there's not been a general fall-off in Leicester's results this spring. Assuming they don't turn it round this will be their 9th loss of the season, with the first 5 of those being in their opening 13 matches. They lost 3-0 at home to West Ham in October. Since the start of March they have 7 points from 5 games, with the two defeats being today and last week against Man City. This'll be the third time they have back-to-back defeats, having done that twice in their opening 2 games.

They might still have a spring collapse but it's not happened yet. 

Edited by GordonS

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

FWIW, there's not been a general fall-off in Leicester's results this spring. Assuming they don't turn it round this will be their 9th loss of the season, with the first 5 of those being in their opening 13 matches. They lost 3-0 at home to West Ham in October. Since the start of March they have 7 points from 5 games, with the two defeats being today and last week against Man City. This'll be the third time the halve back-to-back defeats, having done that twice in their opening 2 games.

They might still have a spring collapse but it's not happened yet. 

West Brom, Southampton, Palace, Newcastle coming next. I think they'll be fine in terms of avoiding a collapse.

14 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

West Brom, Southampton, Palace, Newcastle coming next. I think they'll be fine in terms of avoiding a collapse.

I'm not even sure there was a spring collapse last season. They only took 9 points from their 9 games after the resumption of the league, but they only took 8 from 8 games before the break, and 15 from 13 (though that includes defeats to Man City and Liverpool).

Maybe fairer to say they're strong starters than weak finishers?

Guest TheJTS98
5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I'm not even sure there was a spring collapse last season. They only took 9 points from their 9 games after the resumption of the league, but they only took 8 from 8 games before the break, and 15 from 13 (though that includes defeats to Man City and Liverpool).

Maybe fairer to say they're strong starters than weak finishers?

I can't remember the details, but I have a memory of the time that they had a few injuries.

Part of the problem is that there simply always MUST be a narrative. The Leicester narrative becomes Spring Collapse.

We've seen it at various points this season. Spurs were the best team in the world a few months ago and Man City were shite with Pep finished. Now Spurs are shite, Jose is finished, this City team is Pep's greatest work etc. Man United have been amazing and shite at different parts of the season. Fulham have been a laughing stock and brave heroes.

It comes from the media and the need for clicks and constant attention, but I wish people would just take a slightly wider view. Amazing how many times this season I've heard on radio or podcasts very definitive statements about a season that isn't finished yet.

Edited by TheJTS98

Giving a foul for a silly wee hand-off like that is bad enough, but actually deciding that not giving it constitutes a "clear and obvious error" takes the biscuit. A million miles away from the type of incident that VAR was allegedly being brought in to prevent.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Giving a foul for a silly wee hand-off like that is bad enough, but actually deciding that not giving it constitutes a "clear and obvious error" takes the biscuit. A million miles away from the type of incident that VAR was allegedly being brought in to prevent.

It's absolute nonsense. Son only got hit in the face because he was trying to pull McTominay back!

I dont think VAR is necessarily the issue, but its continually highlighting how poor refereeing standards are and how much poorer the law makers have made the game. Every single game has some nonsense decision it seems.

The moment it gets brought in up here will be a dark day.