EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Burnley a goal up early on v Newcastle, who were hoping for a penalty through a VAR review, it was the sort of challenge with a foot at head height that would be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch. Surprised it wasn't given tbh.

I know a still picture makes it look worse and Tarkowski clearly played it first, but if that's on the halfway line the ref gives a foul imo.20210411_124553.jpg

Yeah I'm scratching my head at how that's not a foul.

Can't use the "won the ball first" excuse either, as we are repeatedly told the follow through needs to be controlled these days, and you see plenty fouls / red cards in those situations.

I don't understand why the ref doesn't go to the monitor to make his own mind up either.

VAR is meant to reduce the number of incorrect and controversial decisions, but if it's going to continue to cause just as many as it solves then I don't see the point.

Kick man in head today "he won the ball first, no red card, no foul. " 

Kick man on knee yesterday : "he won the ball first but its a dangerous tackle, revoke yellow and give a red". 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Kick man in head today "he won the ball first, no red card, no foul. " 

Kick man on knee yesterday : "he won the ball first but its a dangerous tackle, revoke yellow and give a red". 

Mike Riley is an absolute cheating weapon, it is his fault that VAR in England has been an utter shambles & he needs emptied quickly.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Burnley a goal up early on v Newcastle, who were hoping for a penalty through a VAR review, it was the sort of challenge with a foot at head height that would be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch. Surprised it wasn't given tbh.

I know a still picture makes it look worse and Tarkowski clearly played it first, but if that's on the halfway line the ref gives a foul imo.20210411_124553.jpg

I played on Glasgow Green on Sundays.  His heid was low ref.

33 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Will be interesting to see if Lingard can really kick on his career after the loan.

I would hazard a guess that if he stays at Manchester United he'll get nowhere. 

This loan move must show him that he needs to get away from there and get regular game time. 

The annual Brenny Spring time collapse is here. 

Not finishing top 4 this season or last after the position they had themselves in is shocking. 
You just know that Chelsea and Liverpool will squeeze themselves in there. I have no affiliation with Leicester but they still drive me nuts.

Guest TheJTS98
1 hour ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

That'll be Fulham all but relegated then. 

Maybe, but I think not quite.

Newcastle's run-in is: West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Man City, Sheff U, then the Fulham game.

Fulham play Arsenal, Chelsea, Burnley, Southampton, Man United, then Newcastle.

If Newcastle beat Sheffield United, then I think that's it. But it's feasible they don't pick up any more points. In that scenario, Fulham need one win before the last day to have a chance.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

If we want footballers to be able to remember their children's names in their 50s then this sort of thing can't be allowed. You can't put your foot above chest height when there's an opponent close enough to challenge. That has to be a foul and a card.

Edited by GordonS