EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Commentary team are clueless. Brighton miss another penalty as Welbeck rattles the post and it comes straight back to him and he tries to volley it towards goal. Lee Mason does know what he is doing this time and rightly awards West Brom a free kick as nobody apart from Welbeck has touched the ball. They haven't a clue what the foul is for.

Commentators don’t seem to understand the laws of the game. They’re baffled why the referee blew for a foul when Wellbeck played his own penalty that rebounded off the post. No one else had touched the ball.

ETA Beaten to it by peasy23

Edited by Funky Nosejob

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Commentary team are clueless. Brighton miss another penalty as Welbeck rattles the post and it comes straight back to him and he tries to volley it towards goal. Lee Mason does know what he is doing this time and rightly awards West Brom a free kick as nobody apart from Welbeck has touched the ball. They haven't a clue what the foul is for.

They really have no right to criticse the ref when they dont know the rules. One of them thought Wellbeck may have been given offside.

I had the Brighton game on with no sound in the background while watching the Rovers game earlier. 

The whole thing looked an absolute shambles and seemed to go :

No goal, Goal, No goal. This must have taken at least 5 minutes but somehow there was only 4 minutes added on at the end of the half. 

Didn't realise they couldn't understand the foul after Welbeck's penalty. Really poor. 

I'm starting to think Brighton will never score again.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Didn't realise they couldn't understand the foul after Welbeck's penalty. Really poor. 

That is bizarre.  It's basically like if a player taking a free kick just started dribbling with the ball.  Er nah mate, you can't do that.  

Newcastle v Wolves is nil nil at half time and thus far fully justifies Sky's selection of Andy "Bottom of the Barrel" Walker as co-commentator.  

8 hours ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Commentators don’t seem to understand the laws of the game. They’re baffled why the referee blew for a foul when Wellbeck played his own penalty that rebounded off the post. No one else had touched the ball.

ETA Beaten to it by peasy23

That sort of thing is embarrassing; knowing the rules of the game should be a bare minimum for commentators. Never mind players/managers.

Liam McLeod is another one who clearly doesn't have a clue either; the best of numerous examples that I can remember is him and Barry Wilson going apoplectic because a free-kick for offside was given in the attacking team's half, literally months after that particular rule had been introduced.

It's like every other dead ball situation, if you take a free kick/corner etc, somebody else has to touch the ball before you are allowed to play it again.
It makes sense now that everyone's mentioned it, but I just never put 2+2 together. I don't think I've seen it happen before.

Arsenal reserves showing up well 👀👀👀

As well as the result a bad day on the injury front for The Foxes with Harvey Barnes looking out for a while and Johnny Evans hobbling off.

Arsenal have strolled this.

Leicester have struggled against the lower half clubs especially at home, this season.