EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

36 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Toe poke finishes are underrated. 

Romario was an absolute god when it came to those.

For anyone following the manager fraud table, I think it's Fraudinho being found out as a bigger fraud than the Bald Fraud here, following the German/Scouse fraud being hammered by the Irish fraud earlier.

Tottenham have the worst back line in terms of quality in the top half right now so I'm not sure what Mourinho is expected to do with that dug shite tbh. Davies, Dier and Sanchez have never been good enough, while Alderweireld and Lloris were on the way down in the final part of Pochettino's spell. The only one who you would try and build a defence around is Reguilon, the rest need to be punted before they'll get anywhere.

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Tottenham have the worst back line in terms of quality in the top half right now so I'm not sure what Mourinho is expected to do with that dug shite tbh. Davies, Dier and Sanchez have never been good enough, while Alderweireld and Lloris were on the way down in the final part of Pochettino's spell. The only one who you would try and build a defence around is Reguilon, the rest need to be punted before they'll get anywhere.

He's also instrumental in starting their better attacking phases. No surprise their goals have dried up since he has been injured.

The drop off in results from last season for Liverpool is quite striking. Okay, they've had injuries but they fannied about getting a replacement for VVD. TAA and Robertson seem to have been affected by the midfielders playing at centre back and the new guy from Germany looks like he won't be hanging about for long. Then we get Allisson performing like some kind of circus act.

Is there a fatigue after last season's title efforts where they played at a high level week in and week out? Can Klopp ever get them back to the level?

Well played Martinez. The rest of you... not so much. We are starting to look tired in this half of the season. 

Whenever I watch Brighton I think they're a decent side. They must be really rubbish in the matches I don't watch as they always manage to be near the bottom.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

21 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Well played Martinez. The rest of you... not so much. We are starting to look tired in this half of the season. 

Whenever I watch Brighton I think they're a decent side. They must be really rubbish in the matches I don't watch as they always manage to be near the bottom.

I’m not sure any of the teams at the bottom ever looked really awful (apart from West Brom under Allerdyce). Even Fulham have started to play ok.

Edited by Jambomo

The drop off in results from last season for Liverpool is quite striking. Okay, they've had injuries but they fannied about getting a replacement for VVD. TAA and Robertson seem to have been affected by the midfielders playing at centre back and the new guy from Germany looks like he won't be hanging about for long. Then we get Allisson performing like some kind of circus act.
Is there a fatigue after last season's title efforts where they played at a high level week in and week out? Can Klopp ever get them back to the level?
Van Dijk was injured after the transfer window had closed, but you are right that they should have been lining up a centre back to sign as soon as the window opened in January. They are missing Henderson in midfield as much as they are missing the defenders who are out.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

They're just utter dogshit in the opposition's penalty box, without fail, every week. Getting a half-decent striker (similar to Ings' impact at Southampton) would have them in the top half of the table.