EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

17 hours ago, RiG said:

A few days late picking this up but WTF? :lol:

A much missed time. It was always good to read his excuses when photos from different areas of the ground showed his 'view'. Definitely were his own pictures, IMO. 

17 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Bloody wish I could forget Rab tbh.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

A much missed time. It was always good to read his excuses when photos from different areas of the ground showed his 'view'. Definitely were his own pictures, IMO. 

F**k me! He was pretending to go to Liverpool games by using other peoples photos of matches? Incredible :lol:

I assume he's been laughed off the site in the style of XIXTHEONEXIX?

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

F**k me! He was pretending to go to Liverpool games by using other peoples photos of matches? Incredible :lol:

I assume he's been laughed off the site in the style of XIXTHEONEXIX?

Was utterly shameless about it up until he got emptied for repeatedly spamming threads, even when he got caught out by saying there was a Tesco in John Lennon Airport he was still on a few days later posting pictures of Southampton or suchlike.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

He posted a picture before a Champions League game he was travelling abroad to showing him in the airport. The airport he said he was in doesn't have the shop in it that was in the picture. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

14 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It was interesting hearing Drogbe talk about Chelsea’s double winning 2010 team.

Top player like Ballack, Deco, Malouda.

Far better than the shite now. Both in the Chelsea team and in the EPL.

Yep, I mean Chelsea's squad is shite in general, but the standard across the board is horrendous compared to a decade ago.  Squads full of utter shite.

On 10/02/2021 at 11:52, Mr. Alli said:

He posted a picture before a Champions League game he was travelling abroad to showing him in the airport. The airport he said he was in doesn't have the shop in it that was in the picture. 

Rab is a season ticket holder who goes everywhere watching them. Well prior to a global pandemic anyway. I’ve taken a spare ticket and been down with him a few times. 

It was interesting hearing Drogbe talk about Chelsea’s double winning 2010 team.
Top player like Ballack, Deco, Malouda.
Far better than the shite now. Both in the Chelsea team and in the EPL.

Yep, I mean Chelsea's squad is shite in general, but the standard across the board is horrendous compared to a decade ago.  Squads full of utter shite.

Disagree. Some people seem to think that nothing can ever be better than the ‘good old days’ but I generally think that apart from 3 or 4 clubs the level is higher. Tactically football is way more advanced. I’ve no doubt that teams that won titles in the past wouldn’t be able to playing how they did back then - I predict in the future that it’s going to be nearly impossible for non-possession based or non-high pressing team to win titles. It’s just not dominant enough to amass points with that consistency. Mourinho is evidence of this.

It’s also harder for players to show individual flair because game patterns are so structured and intensity is really demanding physically.

Disagree. Some people seem to think that nothing can ever be better than the ‘good old days’ but I generally think that apart from 3 or 4 clubs the level is higher. Tactically football is way more advanced. I’ve no doubt that teams that won titles in the past wouldn’t be able to playing how they did back then - I predict in the future that it’s going to be nearly impossible for non-possession based or non-high pressing team to win titles. It’s just not dominant enough to amass points with that consistency. Mourinho is evidence of this.

It’s also harder for players to show individual flair because game patterns are so structured and intensity is really demanding physically.
No bro, everything was better when I was younger and these youngsters don't know how good they've got it.

14 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Yes. It's pointless trying to compare generations. Pele and Maradona wouldn't be as good if you just plonked them from their heyday here.Due to the tactical evolution of the game and sports science they'd struggle.

If you put Messi and Ronaldo back in the 70's, they'd not last a game with the physical abuse they'd take.