EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

United are a shite watch. Every time I watch them, they dont seem to put sustained pressure on teams or really get at opposition. Happy to nick an undeserved goal on the counter or win via a Fernandes penalty in the  closing stages of a game. Brutal 

I loved the commentary when Luiz and Cavani were chatting. Speculating on whether it was because Cavani wasn’t Argentinian and that they’d get on as it’s Uruguay then it’s “ohh and they were at PSG together of course” 🤣🤣

Edited by Jambomo

That handball by Cash in the Villa/Southampton game...

You see him diving to stop a shot with his arm- no penalty.
A ball gets blasted at a player from two feet and a player has no time to move their arm- penalty.

I just don't get VAR decisions at all.

That's an absolutely baffling decision not to give Southampton a penalty. It's a clear pen under the old handball rule, the new handball rule, and any handball rule you want. Literally stretches his arm out to his side to block the ball - should have been a red card too.

The only explanation I can think of is money from a South Asian betting syndicate being involved. I’m sticking a few quid on Aston Villa.

ETA: Seems Mike Dean is making things up to justify his decision.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

The explanation given on the Bein commentary is that because the ball glances his thigh then hits his hand it's not a penalty.

Lovely goal by Villa to give them a half time lead.

Until next week, when a shot comes off someone's thigh, hits their arm and is given as a penalty.